need ideas

Options
Hi all,

i need some ideas.
i've just had knee surgery, had my acl repaired and now can do no sport for 6 months. anyone got any exercise ideas, i'm starting to go a bit mad from not being able to do much!

Replies

• Choconut
    Options
    What about yoga or something like that?
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Can you do the elliptical or arc trainer?
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What about swimming? If u have a local gym or YMCA. If not I would think Yoga would be good.
    Good luck!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    There are aerobic classes for handicap persons! Of course your situation is temporary but you might google "upper body aerobics" or some variation of that and see what you could find! If you're near a university call their exercise physiology department (start at PhysEd if you can't find anything else) because a lot of universities have programs such as Cardiac Re-hab that are designed for specific populations. I'm sure if they don't have a program for those unable to do weight baring exercise with the lower body they could point you in the right direction!

Water aerobics would be a potential for you too! You might have to limit the work you do on your lower leg to avoid stress on your knee joint but aside from some minor modifications it should fit well with your rehab!

GOOD LUCK!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who does a variety of exercises on the ball..she didn't have knee surgery but her knees bother her sometimes. She loves it and tells me she gets an excellent workout