Whats everyone having for dinner??

Options
Just wondered what people are eating today, might give me some ideas for in the week :o)

Im having tomato pasta bake with chicken and a jacket potato :o)

Feel free to share........

Replies

• FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hiya, im having jacket potato, broccoli and sweetcorn, with a 5oz chicken breast with chicken gravy :0)
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I think I'll probably have baked potato, broccoli and roasted chicken breast.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi I´m having lean grilled steak, green veg, small baked potato and peppercorn sauce made with skimmed milk, it´s Sunday afterall! Yum yum:love:
  • ecowgill
    ecowgill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found some Cajun salmon and I am cooking up some cauliflower with it and I have frozen sweet potatoes that are cut like french fries and you bake them. They are really good. I also have spinach that I could make a salad. That is what I will make tonight.

When I lived in France, we always ate light at dinner and had the main meal in the afternoon. I would like to get back to that when my schedule can do it. I have been making a soup that I used to eat there and it is great. In a pot put some cut up onions, fresh beans, a small zuccini, carrots ( what ever vegetables you have in the frig) and garlic. Cook it in wither water or vegetable stock. When the vegetables are cooked, puree them and it makes an excellent creamy soup. I had that for dinner when I was in France. The calories are around 50-60. I usually have a bocca burger on orrowheat thin bun with tomato slices and tons of sprouts.
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Last week someone posted a Denise Austin recipe, Pasta Primavera. I think that's what I'm gonna crank tonight!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I'm making skillet cabbage rolls. Instead of all the fuss of rolling the mixture in the cabbage leaves, everything is cooked in one big skillet, using shredded cabbage.

The kids are gonna hate it, but oh well. That will teach them to complain that it seems like all they get to eat is chicken and pork, chicken and pork... lol
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Lasagna and green beans! Agree with the whole it's Sunday thing..
  • jennasuz1995
    Options
    What is a jacket potato?????
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Jacket potato = Baked potato in its skin :0)
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am feeling like chili tonight!
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    MMMmm some good foods here :o)

I wonder where the name jacket potato came from lol
  • viliberty
    Options
    My mom called them potatoes in their jackets. That's a term from waaaay back!
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I never heard of jacket potato...it's just a baked potato to me! lol Cute name though...::happy:
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    I am having cottage pie with LOTS of veggie and a glass of wine!
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    mmmm cottage pie :heart:
    do you have it homemade? if so do you know roughly how many calories and fat are in it etc?
  • m_bordeau23
    Options
    Butternut squash soup :happy:
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We're having tilapia w/black bean salsa and brown rice. Yummy, can't wait. I want to start cooking now.

What is cottage pie?
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    what is cottage pie?
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Left over Crab Cake with a poached egg on top! I'm going through a major pumpkin phase so I'll probably have pumpkin mixed with yogurt or cottage cheese for dessert!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    mmmm cottage pie :heart:
    do you have it homemade? if so do you know roughly how many calories and fat are in it etc?
    I have it home made, so i have to enter the foods all in seperately. Normally i enter onions, mince, gravy, and mashed potato.

For all those who dontknow what cottage pie is..its LOVELY!!!!!:

Fry an onion and some lean mince
    when cooked, add watery gravy, tomato puree, garlic paste, mixed herbs.
    simmer for 10 mins

While doing all of that^^, boil and mash some potatoes.

Put the mince into a over proof bowl, top with the mashed potato, and put in the oven for 20 mins.

Its YUMMY! Good old english food!!