NSV - First 5K! COLOR ME RAD WAS RAD!

Options
So, I've been working hard and kickin' booty this summer. I have lost 10% off my BMI by eating lots of good food (@ 1600-2000 calories a day), strength training, and doing HIIT. This Sunday, my daughter and I did our first 5k in Boston. If you don't know what Color Me Rad is - go watch the video on their website. They toss color bombs at you while you run so you come out gorgeous and colorful. IT WAS SO MUCH STINKIN' FUN!

Anyways, we ran about a third of it. I could have run more, but my daughter petered out. When I tried to get her to run with me, she said, "MOM, you need to respect the differences in our body." This made me laugh. She was absolutely right. It was as much her race as it was mine.

Anyways, go me! Go my baby girl! Woohoo!

2mdezya.jpg

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, I wish we had events like that where I live. My finacee is training using the couch to 5k with me starting this week. We are signed up for a fall 5k in september. Last year at this time we couldnt walk around the block without breathng hard and something hurting. lol. Be very proud of the example you are setting for your child. Go You!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awww...I love this!! I was running with my son until he started training for cross country. He is now out running me! Congrats to both you and your daughter!!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG what a beatiful thing for you and your daughter to do together:)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    congratulations! that pic is AWESOME! i'm participating in color me rad in richmond this saturday - can't wait
    So, I've been working hard and kickin' booty this summer. I have lost 10% off my BMI by eating lots of good food (@ 1600-2000 calories a day), strength training, and doing HIIT. This Sunday, my daughter and I did our first 5k in Boston. If you don't know what Color Me Rad is - go watch the video on their website. They toss color bombs at you while you run so you come out gorgeous and colorful. IT WAS SO MUCH STINKIN' FUN!

Anyways, we ran about a third of it. I could have run more, but my daughter petered out. When I tried to get her to run with me, she said, "MOM, you need to respect the differences in our body." This made me laugh. She was absolutely right. It was as much her race as it was mine.

Anyways, go me! Go my baby girl! Woohoo!

2mdezya.jpg
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations!!!
  • beckydragonpoet
    beckydragonpoet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The Color Me RAD is awesome. I did my first 5k with them on July 8th for the Omaha/ Council Bluffs. It was the perfect first 5k. :-)
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I did the Color Me Rad race in Council Bluffs on the 8th. It was a blast! I'm glad you and your daughter had fun. :-)
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm planning to do the one in Charlotte, NC in November (if it doesn't sell out before I pay my registration!)
  • Sarahsmiles0875
    Sarahsmiles0875 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I saw this run a few days ago on line and thought to myself, "Self...this is the kind of run you should do!" It is in our town by registration is sold out...it looks like loads of fun...Next year!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    love it!!! :D
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    Great job! There is also a Color Run coming up the the area soon. I think it's in Andover or Amesbury? http://thecolorrun.com/newengland/ I don't think I'll be able to do one this summer, but hope to do one next year.
  • Chasing3310
    Options
    Thank you so much!

Pro tip for Color Run and Color Me Rad: wear lotion! Lots of lotion! It helps the color come off a little smoother. I forgot to do my hair and my scalp is still blue, haha. Totally worth it!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    thanks for this tip! will definitely wear lotion. i really need to put it in my hair? or will conditioner work better?
    Thank you so much!

Pro tip for Color Run and Color Me Rad: wear lotion! Lots of lotion! It helps the color come off a little smoother. I forgot to do my hair and my scalp is still blue, haha. Totally worth it!
  • ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! When we ran ours here in Oklahoma I wore a bandana over my hair but my son didnt....he had a pink scalp for a week after! It was so worth it though & one of the funnest things we have ever did. We are already planning for next year.
  • Chasing3310
    Options
    Conditioner or oil (olive, coconut) work great for the hair. Today, I made a paste from baking soda and water - THAT was amazing. I had been washing my hair for days but it was like a deluge of paint when I rinsed out the baking soda paste. I think I finally got it all out! Granted, I didn't use any soap in my hair (I'm a no poo'er, haha) so that might have sped along the process too.
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I am running the Color Me Rad 5K in San Jose tomorrow (while my MIL and my daughter are going to walk it).
    Thanks for the lotion and conditioner/bandana tips. I have dark hair, but my MIL and daughter don't, so I will make sure they have lots of conditioner in their hair. I hope to post our pics soon!!!!
  • Purplepeater
    Purplepeater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That sounds an amazing thing to have done with your daughter! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!