Negative net calories ok???

Options
I have a full time and part time job and when i work both in a day i burn morn calories then I eat. MFP is always saying that I am not eating enough calories but I thought this is kinda what you wanted to lose weight? I am kinda confused on that. it's not like i am starving myself.... I know that doesn't help at all. Explain! Add me if you want.... :)

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    No, it's definitely not ok. Read Helloitsdan's post here and start giving your body the nutrients it needs:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    No. Bad idea. Must eat more.
  • Ver2
    Ver2 Posts: 37
    Options
    No, absolutely not. You're going to plateau and maybe even gain weight.

Use this to figure out how much you should be eating to lose weight in a healthy way and keep it off: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Not ok.

Try planning your meals ahead of time so you can see what you'll be eating and you can increase your meals or snacks so you are eating enough to keep you healthy.

Remember that although you need to "eat less" to lose weight, eating very little doesn't mean you will become skinny in two weeks - if you keep it up, chances are you'll become tired, weak, miserable and unhealthy.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    And there's tons of research to back this up.

Why suffer? Eat, stay healthy, lose steadily, and keep it off.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not good. Your body is constantly burning calories, in addition to those you burn while you're exercising. If you exercise "off" all the food you've eaten, your body has NO fuel left for all your basic bodily functions.

It's like expecting your car to go sixty miles on one gallon of gas. After you run out of fuel, it's only going to go downhill.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No, it's definitely not ok. Read Helloitsdan's post here and start giving your body the nutrients it needs:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^ Not eating enough will stop your loss and even cause fat gain. It will also cause muscle loss since the body can burn muscle easier that it can burn fat!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I eat below net all the time...if your under 1200 you will get that warning. I've been at this for 8 months now and I'm not gaining weight as someone suggested and I'm losing at a steady pace. You do what you want to do though it's up to you. But don't let people scare you into doing something you feel is wrong for you.

Plus for me it depends on how much your eating to begin with not how much you burn. I am in the negative or lower numbers after a workout and I am personally okay with that. I don't believe in eating your exercise calories back.

I have tons of energy, my hair isn't falling out, I have no issues. We are talking net calories and not calorie intake. Your eating so it's all good.
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    Surely if it is your job you should be increasing your activity level (from sedentary to highly active?) as you are doing it frequently. This way you don't count it as excersise and so don't need to consider it in your calories