Any other overweight women trying to concieve?

Options
Hi,
I just got married and I am about 40 to 50 pounds overweight and I feel as if us not conceiving is all my fault. I was wondering if there are any other women out there that could share there stories with me?

Replies

• missvazquez1984
    Options
    I'm not married but i notice that most woman, like myself, when we fall in love and we are good in are relationship we gain weight. At times im afraid in getting into a relationship for that reason... but just think your taking a step in the right direction.. :)
  • RebmaGe1sha
    RebmaGe1sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've read that losing 10% of your body weight can help you become more fertile. It is something that overweight woman can have difficulties with. I am personally choosing not to conceive until I am a healthier weight and BMI. How long have you been TTC?
  • RHHMom
    RHHMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Old married lady here (16 years) with many years of infertility experience (and one precious growing boy). Don't be hard on yourself. There are a myriad of reasons TTC can be difficult. Being overweight doesn't help, but it's certainly not a forgone conclusion that it's the problem either. Try to be as healthful as you can - you'll want to be accustomed to the lifestyle anyway for pregnancy, and then for the rest if your life as a mom...that child will be watching and learning from you!! :)

Get yourself a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", read it ...and re-read it.

Congrats on your marriage, and on starting down this crazy/amazing path toward parenthood!!!
  • hmenuey
    hmenuey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your support it is so wonderful to have people that understand the emotions surrounding me.