Endometriosis and weight

Hello, I may have enometriosis and I would like to know if anyone else has got this condition and what experiences they have had in relation to weight loss and gain. I am doing my own research too but it is nice to get a view personal accounts.

I am awaiting an ultrasound and something else that I can't remember the name off (camera, belly button thing).

Thank you in advance

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    bump?
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Hi

I found it difficult to lose weight (but when isn't it difficult) with Endometriosis - I think the steriods they had me on along with other medication didn't help

When I had my (total) hysterectomy 11 years ago the weight (6 stone) dropped off really easily. Unfortunately I got lazy and let it creep back on - hence my new attempt almost a decade later

Lovely not to have Endometriosis though :)
  • robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    I don't have endometriosis, but I do have PCOS and because of it I put on 21lbs in 8 months. Not sure how similar the conditions are but I think anything that messes with your hormones is going to be no good for managing your weight. I find a low GI diet really helps me keep the weight down, and I'm seeing an endocrinologist to hopefully get me on Metformin to help with the insulin resistance
  • melcgelinas
    melcgelinas Posts: 8 Member
    Ladies, I have both Endo & PCOS. I have gained a lot of weight in the 6 years since being diagnosed. I had 4 surgeries, 2 laparoscopies & 2 laparotomies, in less than 4 years. Also, just the pain of the endo has been difficult to exercise. I have decided however, that I am going to be in pain no matter what & I am not going to let it control my life any more. I have 40 more pounds I'd like to lose to be at a healthy weight. I want to have children & knowing that I am not getting any younger (about to be 33) and having these 2 medical conditions, I figure losing the weight now will only increase my chances of conceiving, when the time comes. I've lost 5lbs in 5 days and feeling great. I still have the most pain at night and have missed a few days of working out, because I felt really crappy, but overall, I feel pretty good. I have so much more energy and confidence, it is giving me control over my life, which I had given to the endo & pcos for far too long!!!

Feel free to add me. Also, if you are on fb & have endo, please check out my support group! It is a CLOSED Group, so only members can see any of the content. *Sorry, but this is a ladies only group!*

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21070399191/
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    My wife takes Lybrel for her endometriosis.
    It creates a type of insulin resistance thats tough to break.

Certain ways to break it would be periodic fasting and lifting weights.