Fave and Not So Fave Gluten Free Products

Options
I was interested in the Gluten Free products that people like or don't like. I thought a list like this would not only be interesting to me, but might help those who are new to eating gluten free.

I will start:

Fave: Glutino pretzels (scooping up almond butter with the twisted ones is so yummy)
Bakery On Main granola... did you know you can finish a whole bag watching a movie?
Canyon Bakehouse bread - closest thing to an acceptable bread product
Udi Cinnamon Raisin bagels - toasted with dairy free marg
Glutino Bagel Crisps - great with a smear of pb
Kinnikinnick pancake mix - Make it with Club Soda for light, fluffy, vanilla scented, sweetish pancakes.
So Delicious Coconut Milk ice cream - Cookie Dough

Not So Fave: Ener-G - falls apart when you try to take a slice from the bag
Rudi bread - gives me a tummy ache (it's made with molassas)

Ok, that's a start. Am interested in your likes and dislikes.

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Fav: Steak

No so Fav: raw flour
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm not gluten free, but my toddler is. So we've tried out many things in the search for yummy food.

Fave:
    Noodles - Tinkyada (they don't turn into a globby mess)
    Mac & Cheese - Aunt Annies. Bless you Aunt Annies
    Crackers - Glutino

Not so fave:
    Noodles - DeBoles. Yuck. Just plain yuck.
    Cookies - he's not really a fan of sweets, but there were these Curious George banana bars we tried. Just plain nasty. They had this gross texture to them and they just stuck in your teeth.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    My favorite gluten free product is meat.
  • rlbs
    rlbs Posts: 14
    Options
    Snyder's now has gluten free pretzels which are very good, and cheaper than Glutino.
    All of the Food Should Taste Good chips, especially sweet potato!
    I like Bakery on Main granola, also Kind cinnamon oat granola with flax seeds is good.
    Udi's millet-chia bread is my go-to for sandwiches--it's one of the few that doesn't need to be toasted to taste good.
    crunchmaster crackers -- my non-gluten-free husband loves these.
    Against the Grain baguettes and rolls (delicious, but high fat)
    Schar saltines and shortbread
    Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal.
    Enviro Kids Corn Flakes -- the only ones that taste like regular corn flakes to me
    Chex Apple Cinnamon cereal -- lots of sugar, I eat it more for a little snack than for breakfast
    All the King Arthur Flour mixes--best for brownies, cake, muffins, pancakes.
    Kind bars and Luna protein bars (only protein are gluten free) for snacks on the go

I am fortunate that I have four gluten-free bakeries in my town, I use them for hamburger buns, cinnamon raisin bread, cheese straws, pizza crust, etc.
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    Snyder's now has gluten free pretzels which are very good, and cheaper than Glutino.
    All of the Food Should Taste Good chips, especially sweet potato!
    I like Bakery on Main granola, also Kind cinnamon oat granola with flax seeds is good.
    Udi's millet-chia bread is my go-to for sandwiches--it's one of the few that doesn't need to be toasted to taste good.
    crunchmaster crackers -- my non-gluten-free husband loves these.
    Against the Grain baguettes and rolls (delicious, but high fat)
    Schar saltines and shortbread
    Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal.
    Enviro Kids Corn Flakes -- the only ones that taste like regular corn flakes to me
    Chex Apple Cinnamon cereal -- lots of sugar, I eat it more for a little snack than for breakfast
    All the King Arthur Flour mixes--best for brownies, cake, muffins, pancakes.
    Kind bars and Luna protein bars (only protein are gluten free) for snacks on the go

I am fortunate that I have four gluten-free bakeries in my town, I use them for hamburger buns, cinnamon raisin bread, cheese straws, pizza crust, etc.

That's a great list. Question: Do you find most of your fave's at Whole Foods? We also have a Sprouts nearby and now they know me by name :smile:
  • nortx
    Options
    A couple of "Walmart" Gluten Free finds.

Coco Pebbles. Very satisfying chocolate snack - 120 calories in 3/4 cup without milk. If you eat them with a little spoon they can last a long time.

Heartland Rice Gluten Free corn and rice pasta: It comes in 3 shapes - Spaghetti, Fusilli and Rotini - 3/4 of a cup is 200 calories. I promise you 3/4 cup dry pasta when cooked will fill the plate and you! This product is gluten and dairy free. Unfortunately it is only sold at Walmart. When they restock, I usually pick up a few bags. The price is only 2.18 too!
  • Mondia1
    Mondia1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Quinoa noodles are the best.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Dislike:

Ener-G Light Tapioca Bread - leaves the strangest after taste
    Ener-G Tapioca Bread - both loaves I purchased were spoiled

Fav: Meat
    Rice
    Quinoa and Vegetable Pastas
    Chex Honey Nut Cereal
    Rice Milk
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Kind Granola and their bars are my favs for low glycemic, gluten free treats
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I like the Food Should Taste Good chips too.

Love the UDI double chocolate muffins for when I just have to have a rich dessert.

HATED the Gluten Free Cafe chicken noodle soup. Threw it out without eating it, even though it cost $3.29 a can!

Also don't like any of the gluten free, dairy free, soy free bars I have tried. Totally tasteless.
  • rlbs
    rlbs Posts: 14
    Options
    I shop some at Whole Foods, but my local Publix and Kroger (chain grocery stores) have a lot of the items for cheaper. Publix will special order stuff if it is a brand they carry (like the Enviro Kids cereal, they carry only Panda Puffs regularly, but will order the corn flakes for me). Costco has the Crunchmaster crackers and Food Should Taste Good chips for very cheap. We have a local health food store called Return to Eden that carries obscure gluten free products (gluten free panko bread crumbs, for example). Also, for things I eat a lot of, like Bob's Red Mill GF oats or KIND bars, I sometimes order in bulk from Amazon when they have free shipping.
  • nortx
    Options
    Another fave: Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas. I use them for scooping up tuna salad, making tomato sandwiches, rolled around turkey or ham or to make pizzas. Just had 4 pizzas for dinner, with sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes, red peppers and mild pepper rings for a whopping total of 266 calories. Instead of cheese I use Nutritional Yeast as a topping. Such an easy, yummy dinner.
  • jenibryan
    Options
    Beanitos Black Bean chips... definite fav! A little salty if you are watching your sodium but they are so good with a fresh salsa. They are no corn, no wheat!
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    tinkyada brown rice pasta.
    You can make a lot of different dishes with these including spaghetti and meat balls and Pad Thai!
    Udi's muffins (chocolate, lemon poppyseed)
    Udi's pizza crust
    Jet Puffed Marshmellows are gluten free too!
    Lara bars
    food should taste good sweet potato chips

If you need recipes let me know, My bff is a dietician and her son is GFCF (no gluten no casein)
    Not so fav
    Not a fan of the gluten free graham crackers.