Calories

How do you know how many calories you should take in per day? What is the formula?

Replies

• I am just starting but when I put my weight, etc. in it gave me a calorie count. I pray to God this site helps me cuz I need to lose or be unhealthy the rest of my life. Best Wishes for you and all! I don't have a picture because I need a camera.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Check this out. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    It will explain everything. Be sure to add friends for motivation!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    You can do it! Just take it one meal, one day ata time! Start slow with small changes that you can see doings for the rest of your life..each day the fire to get fit grows a bit! You can do it!
  • Oops - maybe I read this wrong. Do you mean how do you count calories that you are going to record. I am going to check out the tools tab to see if it has a calorie chart. I am going to read package labels before I buy and try to stay on the outside aisles of the grocery store. Everything I read says that the outside has the healthy foods (veggie aisles,etc). Wish me luck and I do you also. I will let you know if I find a calorie counter. :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you for the encouragement to us. I am so proud of your loss. Keep up the fantastic work!! I have quite a bit to lose and need help. I don't have support at home because it is just my grandaughter and myself. Nobody at work is overweight and doesn't understand what it is like to emotionally eat. They are good people just don't understand. :ohwell:
  • Thank You I am going to check this out.:smile:
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    How do you know how many calories you should take in per day? What is the formula?

Will you be exercising or are you just restricting?