How to track this?

Options
I just had four pieces of breaded eggplant cutlets for dinner, which was really good, but when I go to track it, there's no definite way to track it. I don't know how to know how many ounces I ate just by looking? I ate two bigger cutlets, a large coin sized cutlet, and half of a third big cutlet because it tasted really gross compared to the others for some reason. Help?!

Replies

• DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Did you make it? If so, log the recipe in the the recipe builder. Or, if you know approximately how it was made, put that info in the builder.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I googled it an apparently 3oz. has 140 cals. I have no idea about the density of eggplant as I haven't had it before so you will have to "guesstimate" the oz. you ate I suppose. I hope that helps a little....:smile:
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    I usually end up trying to count each major ingredient. The eggplant, the breadcrumbs, and a little butter or oil. And gradually get to know what one pound feels like and what one cup looks like.

Whatever you estimate won't be accurate, but neither are most of the entries that people have put into the MyFitnessPal database, so your total is really not any worse off than normal. I shudder every time I see an entry that says Homemade, which gives no information about ingredients at all.