This is ridiculous.

Options
I don't understand why half of the people on this site have a friends list. The majority of the people on my friends list are useless/dead weight. I'm not even kidding. Last time I checked, this entire website and even the purpose of a friends list is to give motivation, support, and even advice. What have I received? Nothing. All I get on my home page is useless updates about things that have nothing to do with exercise, but I congratulate them anyway. What have I got in return? Well, when I lose weight : no comments. When I have an nsv and have posted it as a 'status,' I hear crickets. What do I do? I let everyone know on my list that I'm proud of them, excited of their achievements, I even read the things that are annoying and say 'way to go!' But, I'm tired of it. I almost want to remove myself from this website and all of it's useless users because I'm so fed up with it. I was receiving more feedback from acquaintances from work than this stupid site.
So, if anyone would actually like to be on my friends list and MOTIVATE, SUPPORT, AND LEND A HELPING HAND, then I will gladly accept you. Otherwise, I have no time for you. I have come a long way, lost 43 pounds, work my *kitten* off, and have a lot of knowledge to give, but all everyone does it take and not reciprocate. I'm on my last straw.

/rant

Replies

• healthywealthynwise
    Options
    Ouch! I'm new to this site- can I be your friend? And can only friends support each other? I thought this entire site is for like-minded people to cheer for each other So, 3 cheers from me for keeping at it this long. It's motivating for people like me, you know! :)
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I'm new to this site- can I be your friend? And can only friends support each other? I thought this entire site is for like-minded people to cheer for each other So, 3 cheers from me for keeping at it this long. It's motivating for people like me, you know! :)

When I post progress photos I get a lot of kudos and support, but when it comes to my friends list and people who can view my status, my food diary, etc., I get nothing. It's awful, and I don't know why they added me in the first place. I would love for you to be on my friends list, I'm a very good motivator!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Search the member directory for people who have things in common with you. Don't wait for people to come to you...and delete people who don't interact with you. This is what YOU make it - not what other people make it for you!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You need to do a friend cleanse it sounds like. I just recently did that myself.
    Those who were inactive and those who were absent from logging are the ones I get rid of, unless a special circumstance.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

When I post progress photos I get a lot of kudos and support, but when it comes to my friends list and people who can view my status, my food diary, etc., I get nothing. It's awful, and I don't know why they added me in the first place. I would love for you to be on my friends list, I'm a very good motivator!

Oh no! You definitely need some new friends then if you need the congrats :)

I usually get a ton of comments! You can add me, ill give ya support :D
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    email sent!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I would say delete those people and choose new ones until you find supportive ones. I would be lost without my friends on here.
  • monstergirl14
    Options
    Search the member directory for people who have things in common with you. Don't wait for people to come to you...and delete people who don't interact with you. This is what YOU make it - not what other people make it for you!

It's just irritating that I've gone through so many people on this site and found a very select few that will actually comment on anything and let me know that I'm doing well.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    haha...the stuff in my friends feed has included "lawn mowers on top of a van," life's drama with family, and other "non-exercise" stuff...but I love my friends! Today I posted about my husband losing his job and me pigging out. It's life, life is part of our journey. I like knowning what my friends like and don't like. What they do with their day other than just fitness and health. It's ALL part of the game.
  • monstergirl14
    Options
    haha...the stuff in my friends feed has included "lawn mowers on top of a van," life's drama with family, and other "non-exercise" stuff...but I love my friends! Today I posted about my husband losing his job and me pigging out. It's life, life is part of our journey. I like knowning what my friends like and don't like. What they do with their day other than just fitness and health. It's ALL part of the game.

I don't mind random things, I do it too, but when I'm talking about random life updates, I mean every 5 minutes something stupid happening. One woman wrote a novel incessantly *****ing about direct tv. It was unreal