life....

Options
Gonna try not to be a downed here, but my support system at home sux which haws my weight up and down and up and down. I am 30 years old and a mother of 2. My youngest is about to turn 2 and since his birth I've lost a little over 100 pounds and Ai have a little bit more to go.

Anyways.... I try to bring healthier foods into the house and workout every day, but my husband will go to the store for milk or diapers and come home with chips and cake etc.... I ask him not to and he says it's for him and for me to just not eat it!!

I'm just looking for people to help with the frustration and hopefully some insight!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration; it's difficult when someone else brings it in the home. I would try to have two shelfs -- one for his "crap" and one for your healthier snacks and choose yours.
    My parents have chips and stuff in the house all the time, I've just trained myself to only go grab food from my shelves and not bother with theirs. The longer you resist, the easier it becomes and eventually you just don't even think about grabbing the unhealthy chips, etc.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    LOL I just got in on a post like this in another thread. My old man is not supportive at all. He thinks he's starving if I don't buy "crap". Fruit and veggies..not his gig. But it's my job to get us to eating better..so he can get with the plan or starve!
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    Pretty much if it's not deep fried, he wont eat it!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    oh hell...mine only sees stuff out of a crockpot or baked. I have NEVER even gotten into the habit of frying. But mine throws a fit ( and he's 56) at "new" recipes. So I too keep a shelf for him..it's got stuff like mac and cheese cups..I'm like if you don't want to eat the casserole made with turkey crumbles..knock yourself out on your mac and cheese cups...that insurance policy is all caught up..you wanna kill yourself early..be my guest!
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    I need to try that. I have gotten him to eat a little better, not much tho, if I could get his *kitten* away from the tv and out for a walk with me and the kids that would be awesome. But I'm not going to hold my breath!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My husband, son and I all have seperate cabinets and each have a shelf on the fridge and freezer. I follow the Simple Diet at work, so I buy lots of entrees and veggies. My son is a twig and eats anything! Hubby is non supportive and lives on breaded, deep-fried and junk.

They don't get in my stuff and I don't want in theirs!
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    Is he supportive of you and wanting to better yourself? I am not happy at all with how I look. I hate my stomach and if I ever complain or talk about it he just tells me to shut up or says I'm beautiful. Which is nice and all, but I wish he would just get it... he is over weight himself but doesn't want to do anything about it. That's not me.