Turning 30-what you did and how it was significant!

Options

Replies

• ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in a few weeks. The closer I get, the more ok I am with it happening (as if I really have any choice in the matter! :tongue: ). I plan on leaving the kids with my mom and the hubs and I will be going out for dancing and drinking! I haven't been out since before I started my fitness journey in April, so I'm excited to show off the new me!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    When I turned 30, I went to a bar with some friends and my husband. After the bar, a handful of us went to a female strip club. It was me, my husband, 2 girl friends, and 2 guy friends. The 2 guy friends were gay, so the only one that really enjoyed all of the flesh was my husband. lol

Yeah, so I only have a couple of months left of being 30 something. Not sure how I will ring in my 40th (which happens to be on Thanksgiving Day).
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My husband threw me a surprise party. Family from 1000 km away came for the party, as well as some good friends from 300km away. We had probably around 25 people in the house. It was wonderful. I'd never had a surprise party before.

I had already lost 15 lb. before my birthday, and was just excited that my 39th year would be one of striving to reach new workout goals and losing more weight. I never thought I would ever be a runner due to low lung capacity, but I love it now! And I was doing some heavy strength training, had to sell the home gym in a downsizing, and am now really excited to start free weights at the gym. This is not something I would have ever considered doing before.

Yup, 30 has been a good year so far, and hopefully my goal weight is just around the corner. :-)
  • tealbubbles
    tealbubbles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Birthdays have never been that big of a deal for me, but for whatever reason as I was approaching 30, I stressed over it for MONTHS. I went out with a few friends "on the last day of being in my 20's" just a simple supper with a big group of friends of mixed ages. Had a wonderful time of just hanging out and having a few laughs. Made me realize that much more that it was just another day, and that I can still have fun at any age (even though I felt my life would be over once I turned 30 haha)

Now, in a few months I will be turning 35, and I am back at the freakout stage.... but I have a new goal of reaching my ideal weight by my birthday in February, and living out the rest of my life at my ideal weight - healthier and happier :) Coincidentally, I will be flying out to the Cook Islands the day I turn 35... :) (the seat sale just happened to fall on that day! ) So will be a good start to my 35th year.... hope to be "bikini ready by then".

Enjoy your weekend :) And your 30's.... it's not all THAT bad ;)
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm taking myself to Italy. =0]
  • shellyhef1
    Options
    I have been 30 for three months now, my birthday was June 1st! My husband and I celebrated by taking a trip to Punta Cana, DR. It was fabulous. I was very emotional, leading up to my birthday. When I was 24, I was diagnosed with brain cancer. I remember praying to see my 25th birthday! Then when my little girl was 4 months old (I was 28) I was again diagnosed! I am now cancer free, and 30!! WHAT A BLESSING!!

I hope you have an awesome birthday, and remember, everyday is a blessing! Celebrate everyday!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Mine is in December and I plan on getting a sitter and drinking heavily with people I rarely get to see anymore!

Which day? Mine is the 16th!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

I turned 30 last December and spent the weekend in bed with the stomach flu. I'm hoping to make up for the lack of partying this year but nothing too extravagent. Hoping to have an 80's themed birthday party! Luckily 30 didn't do anything to me. However, I think 31 could be worse for me.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in a couple months. I plan on doing what I love the most - hanging out with the people that I love while going bowling. It's going to be awesome! :drinker:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 30 in January 2013. My goal is to lose the 20 lbs I am trying to lose right now and maybe 10 lbs after that before my birthday. I also want to become pregnant before or around my birthday!!!! :wink:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    im 29 and will be 30 in Nov, not really looking for it but im the best shape of my life so i guess its the new 20. Now as long as my kids dont get any older i will be fine...lol
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Got my first tattoo, my daughters names on my arm :-)
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I went to Taiwan to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was great because I have Taiwanese friends who live there and one is a tour guide. I ate my birthday dinner in a toilet-themed restaurant, too. No joke. It was hilarious.

http://www.moderntoilet.com.tw/en/about.asp
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I turned this July. It was a hard one for me. I celebrated with my first horse. My husband bought me my first riding boots. I went out on a morning trail ride and then came home to a nice bday party with friends. Now that the day is done a bit of time has gone by, oh and I looked through my fat 20's pictures I have decided the big 3 -0 is going to be my nice bod MILF years :)
  • FitXnX50
    FitXnX50 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was living in Poland when I turned 30. I lamented that it's all over, and a Pole, who you can always count on to put YOUR problems into perspective, said "Jeszcze nie wiek Chrystusa," or "not yet Christ's age." Meaning, I suppose, that there's still time for you to save the world. So, Happy Birthday!! ... but no slacking.
  • FitXnX50
    FitXnX50 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :-) :ohwell:
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't remember. I'm more anxious about turning 40 :grumble:
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I didnt. I just keep turning 29 :)

THIS!! ^^
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Worked on my bday for the first time ever in my life (will never do that again!) but my boyfriend was awesome, sang to me and gave me my presents and a mini cake at midnight and after working he took me out to dinner :-)
  • twistofcain
    Options
    I have a year to go until I am 30 as I will be turning 29 in December. To me it has been another day on the calendar for the last 14 years. Although a bit of fun trivia I share a birthday with Ozzy...December 3rd; probably explains a lot about me. :)