Trying Paleo - adjusting percentages/wanting friends

Options
I lost my job in the fall.
And then starting a baking business.
I've also got a knee injury that in the last year has prevented me from any high-impact cardio.
I've gained over 20 pounds in 9 months. :(

After lots of reflection and research, I'm ditching sugar and experimenting with ditching gluten. I'm also a really picky eater in need of more protein sources and veggie options. What does this sound like? The non-cult version of Paleo.

However, this requires a shift in % intake for protein, fat, carbs and sugar. Can anyone give me guidelines for what I should be aiming for? I've seen anything from 50fat-30protein-20carbs with 30 grams of sugar to 30fat-55protein-15carbs with 15 grams of sugar.

Thanks! Anyone else trying Paleo and want some friends?? I just started Paleo and myfitnesspal this week and ALWAYS do better with anything if I've got accountability/"we're in this together". :)

Replies

• msdivine26
    Options
    Anyone?
  • lope
    lope Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist says, 40 protein, 30 fat, 30 carbs. If you want to reduce, stay away from sugar. You can get plenty of sweetness from the fruit intake... even then be careful with the fruit if you want to reduce. Once at your goal and working out more fruit can be consumed along with other healthy yums like brownies made with honey or maple syrup.

Google paleo mom or cavegirl eats... or even women who eat paleo.

Even here on MFP there is a group just for paleo or primal eaters... I like to say I'm eating 'clean'. Lot's of people can't get the caveman mentality out of their head if I say Im eating paleo... geesh!

There are ton of recipes out there... anything but boring.

I gave up grains & sugar... best thing EVER!!!

Enjoy good food... you deserve it!