Fish Recipes Needed

Options
Cravepain
Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
I love fish but am not too great at cooking it. I would love a bit of help. :)

Typically I buy frozen fillets since fresh is a bit costly.

No fried recipes please.

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Defrost them in the microwave for a minute and a half.
    Dip in whipped egg whites.
    Coat in crushed low-sugar cornflakes. (the cheapest generic)
    Spray with butter-flavored cooking spray (olive oil based if you can get it)
    Season with salt, pepper, oregano and a pinch of dill.
    Bake on a sprayed cookie sheet at 350 for 15 minutes.
    WATCH THEM to make sure they don't get overdone (ovens differ).
    Squeeze of lemon before serving.
  • danaweston
    Options
    Parchment Wrapped Fish with corn salsa
    2 tilapia filets
    salt and pepper
    1 ear of corn shucked and removed from cob
    1/4 c cherry to,atpes, halved
    1/2 c diced red onion 21/2 T chopped cilantro 2t olive oil
    1t red wine vinegar
    combine corn, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
    place fish in parchment packets top each with half of the corn salsa.. Bake do not over cook PLACE PARCHMENT PACKETS ON A PAN

Spiced Fish
    1/2 t cumin, 1/4t salt 1/4 t paprika fresh ground pepper
    rub spices over fish and grill
    have fun
    I used salmon but the recipe calls for tilapia fillets
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This is more a method than a recipe. That said, once you have this mastered the possibilities are endless.

http://www.myrecipes.com/how-to/video/cooking-fish-en-papillote-10000001818536/

:wink:
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    rub salmon fillets with olive oil, lemon pepper, soy sauce and garlic powder. . lay it on tinfoil cover it with the foil and grill.
  • geminai
    geminai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Our salmon kedgeree recipe is really flavorful, made with Costco's frozen salmon fillets.

4 cups fish/seafood stock
    14 oz salmon fillet
    3 Tbsp butter
    2 Tbsp oil
    1 onion, chopped
    2 tsp curry paste
    1 cup long-grain rice
    2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
    3 Tbsp chopped Italian Parsley
    3 Tbsp cream
    lemon wedges, to serve

1. Put the stock in a frying pan and bring to a boil. Put the salmon in the stock, cover, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 3 minutes, or until it becomes firm when pressed and turns opaque. Lift out the salmon and flake it into large pieces by gently pulling it apart with your fingers.

2. Melt half of the butter in a frying pan with the oil. Add the onion and cook over a low heat until the onion softens and turns translucent. Stir in the curry paste, then add the rice and mix well until the rice is coated. Add the fish stock, mix well, then bring the mixture to a boil.

3. Simmer the rice, covered, over low heat for 8 minutes, then add the salmon and cook, covered, for another 5 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed. If the rice is too dry and not cooked, add a splash of boiling water and keep cooking for 1-2 more minutes.

4. Stir in the rest of the butter, eggs, parsley and cream (you can leave out the cream if you prefer – the result won’t be so rich). Serve the kedgeree with the lemon wedges, to be freshly-squeezed over the dish.

Comes out to about 360 cals/serving.
  • Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! They all sound wonderful. :)
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Lightly coat tilapia filets with mayo. Coat with parmesean cheese, salt, pepper, and a touch of lemon pepper seasoning. Cook 350 for 15-20 minutes. Use light mayo for fewer calories, parm adds calories, but in my book it is cheese, so that is ok! LOL Even my picky eater loves fish this way. Anyone tried Swaii? (not sure if that is spelled right)