Turning 30-what you did and how it was significant!

Options
124»

Replies

• jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 in june. The day i turned 30 was rough (yep, i cried). It wasnt really about the age but the fact that i havent accomplished the things i thought i would by this age (marriage, kids, career, etc). Im ok with being 30 now because i am working to improve my life in order to achieve the stuff i want.
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Had girlfriends over, we ordered pizza and drank wine it was fantastic :)
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 back in March, did nothing exciting, but haven't done anything for a birthday since I started having children 11 years ago!
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    30 was just another birthday for me. No big deal.
  • wildcelticrose
    wildcelticrose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't remember 30; for some reason I didn't consider it a big deal.

40 on the other hand...

I ran my first marathon.

As I crossed the finish line and received my medal I thought... "This is what 40 looks like; eat your heart out"

When I turned 45, I did my first triathlon.

I'm about to turn 50 (in October) and I'm planning on running the same one again (hopefully with a better time :) Had I not had two surgeries last winter, I'd probably have trained up for an ironman race.

The bar is set pretty high for 60 ;)

"This is what 50 looks like..."
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I celebrated turning 30 last year by refinancing my house to a 15 year fixed at a lower interest rate. My house will be paid off when I turn 45, so that gives me something to look forward to about turning 45. ;)
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can remember not being thrilled about the 3-0. Gosh, I cant remember .what I did. anymore....and I'm 42 now. That is not to good
  • Manrahan
    Options
    I celebrated turning 30 by getting married 3 days later. So if you're not already hitched, I guess I suggest marrying a random stranger as a good way to celebrate.
  • djsaluki
    Options
    I loved turning 30 years old. My wife went all out to celebrate. I dont know why, or HOW, but she bought 30 total gifts for me. (Like 2 gifts around $100, and then 28 small gifts that probably cost between $1-$5 each), she probably spent about $300 total. She wrapped every gift individually, and opening 30 gifts took forever. What was awesome was each gift had some sort of meaning, like little things, like my favorite chapstick lol, ice packs so I can ice my knees after bball lol, etc.

And she also planned a Vegas trip for a week. I think that gift was more intended for her, but we had a blast there. We got great upgrades and deals when everyone saw it was my birthday.

As for starting my 30's, I love most of it. I do feel more like an adult. I'm a manager at work, have been a manager since graduating college. When I first started at age 22, it always felt so weird being so young and a manager. Through most of my 20's I felt that way. But hitting 30 finally gave me that confidence that "its ok that I'm leading people." The downside is I feel my metabolism has slowed a little. And little injuries from basketball seem to take longer to heal now.
  • noswal911
    Options
    I was feeling a lot of pressure career-wise because of the big birthday and not yet knowing where I'm headed with my life, so I started a project. I'm asking successful people what they were doing when they were 30 and what's changed for them since then. A lot of people were still finding their way! You can check it out here: www.wheniwas30.com
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I got engaged on my 30th birthday (which is in October), lost about 45lbs before getting married in the August, and then got pregnant with our first child in the Sept. Not bad work for a year :smile:

I'll be 35 this October! Eeek! Now I have 2 kids, and am back to my wedding size!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a milestone for me. I don't remember what I did - probably nothing much. Birthdays don't tend to be meaningful for me.
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Flew Business Class from NZ to UK, to see the Rugby World Cup Final (NZ wasn't playing, so I sold my Tickets for a huge profit and watched the game in a small English pub - just as enjoyable) :drinker: