hey calorie counting experts... i have a question

Options
i'm thinking somenoe out there might have a good answer to my question: i had a slice (yes a whole slice) of costco/kirkland combo pizza today. the food diary says it has 680 calories. i took off all the pepperoni, all the sausage, a little cheese, and half of the crust. just wondering if anyone has an estimate of how many zillions of calories were still left.

thanks!

Replies

• cthaun
    cthaun Posts: 9
    Options
    i'm thinking somenoe out there might have a good answer to my question: i had a slice (yes a whole slice) of costco/kirkland combo pizza today. the food diary says it has 680 calories. i took off all the pepperoni, all the sausage, a little cheese, and half of the crust. just wondering if anyone has an estimate of how many zillions of calories were still left.

thanks!
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    ...sooo, what did you actually eat??? :laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that a single slice of pizza had has 680 calories! That must be some HUGE slice.
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    That DOES seem way too high, doesn't it??? Did they soak it in oil or something??? Is this a frozen pizza or take out??
  • shorerider
    Options
    I looked on another site and it said that amount of calories was for 1/6 of a pizza--it didn't give the size of the pizza though BUT still that would be a BIG slice! The pepperoni and sausage is what drives it up, too, I imagine.

NOT WORTH IT!
  • cthaun
    Options
    it's a big slice... and the crust is not super thin either. it's take out...sort of. i also soak off the grease with a napkin; i've heard that can hold up to 100 calories. whatever it is, i feel really guilty!
  • shorerider
    Options
    It's hard to say how many were in it since you took off everything and only ate part of the crust. For a estimate, cut the given calories in a 1/3 and go with that--that's probably close to what it was without all that other stuff.

Given how many calories is in those pizzas, I'd avoid them in the future! Even the cheese one is loaded.
  • tschmitt2002
    Options
    Agree with Bobbie. Great advice to cut in 1/3 the calories. Not all pizza is bad however, Thin crust veggie, cheese in half has much less calories and fat. I love pizza!!!!!!!!!!!

63716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    How is it you ate a whole slice when you didnt eat all of ANYTHING on the pizza?
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If you are taking off most of the toppings what was the point:laugh: :laugh: You crack me up!!! Did you even enjoy it after that ????:noway: :laugh:
  • cthaun
    Options
    the pizza still had green peppers, red onion, and mushroom on it. it was great. i didn't take off all the cheese and when i say half of the crust, i mean only half of the top/bottom? end of the pizza. there was still a lot there, trust me... at least a lot for someone who has been eating salad twice a day every day for the past four weeks. :)
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Do they have Costco cheese pizza listed? Those veges are negligible calorie wise. Use the cheese pizza.
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you saw but tigerfan needs help--she wants some pizza advice:laugh: :laugh: SORRY I couldn't help tease you a bit!!! Seriously pizza is pizza anyway you slice it and if what you ate satisfied you great as far as calories go not sure???:huh:
  • cthaun
    Options
    the cheese pizza comes up as 804 calories! sometimes, i notice, that the calories can be wayyyyy off in the food diary. doesn't make sense that the cheese pizza is 144 more than the combo.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Agree with Bobbie. Great advice to cut in 1/3 the calories. Not all pizza is bad however, Thin crust veggie, cheese in half has much less calories and fat. I love pizza!!!!!!!!!!

Umm, I'm not Bobbie--that's just a quote I put in my signature line. Bobby Hill is a character on "King of the Hill"--an animated TV show.
  • bigred1
    bigred1 Posts: 31
    Options
    hi there should be a nutrition chart on the pizza package.if you got it at the store.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I saw your quote (being a king of the hill fan) I think I have seen every episode. I like how they take the best quote of the show and you hear it at the end. Every time I see your posts I can hear bobbys voice saying praise him. Lol.

I am swearing off pizza for a while after my 820 calorie leftover breakfast this morning. It sucks to have to pass up costco food though the snack bar is so cheap
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think you can buy the same pizza at Costco as they sell in their snackbar. I would go look at the nutrition label on the ones in the store and see what they say.