53 pounds down. 35 more to go. Need motivation.

Options
I have lost 53 pounds so far. I am really kinda bummed tonight, just feeling hopeless. I've come so far and now I feel like I'm slipping back to where I was before. The scale is up a bit this week. My eating hasn't been so hot. I just need some motivation. I need some encouragement. Here are my before and afters http://cardioandkids.blogspot.com/2012/08/before-and-afters-53-total-pounds-down.html I have lost all this weight, so I KNOW that i have the ability to continue. I know it. I just have to get on track. So this is my little "success" post to hopefully get myself motivated again and kick some butt. Hopefully I can post back again in another few months with more success.

Replies

• monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh I hate that feeling. Just think.. do you really want to go back to where you were and start all over again? Don't you want the cute clothes and all the cat calls from men? Don't you want to be extremely healthy and happy, knowing that's the body you're stuck with forever? You're doing an AMAZING job. 53 pounds is a lot to lose! Just try and get back into it as much as you can.
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    There is a big difference in your photos, that is something to be proud of! If it helps at all, I find pictures like yours to be an inspiration. I still haven't notice a big difference in myself from losing 25 pounds, not even in my clothes. So my inspiration comes in part from seeing the pics of people who have lost enough weight fot it to be noticed. To think that if they did it, so can I.

When you look at the pics, see yourself as an inspiration for others. We'll all have bad days/bad weeks. They are the battles, not the wars. Looks like you're winning the war!
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    Stay with it. Your pics show a BIG and I mean BIG difference!!! Just reach inside and remember why you started this journey. When you take the kids to the park, walk with them, play with them. etc. Keep moving!! :-))

I am the mother of 3 adult children and 1 who is 12....the three older ones were close in age and they kept me really busy. Now that I see what I can do with my food and lifestyle...I wish I had known then what I know now! You are still young, don't get discouraged, keep plugging away and chase those pounds away. When you get to be in your 40's and you have the body you want, you will thank yourself for saying to your body...."you can tell me I can't...but I did not listen!"

Good job so far, now go finish this race and get those last few pounds gone for good :-) You will feel the confidence all the way to the end.
  • maureen173
    maureen173 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are in EXACTLY the place I am right now, and I'm so glad I came across your post! I am re-starting my logging and exercising tomorrow, and actually doing a 28-day detox to kick it off. I have lost 30 lbs already and then had a month of fasting (religious, not dieting) where I did not exercise. I am excited to get back in the swing again, and came here for support and inspiration. You have come so far already, you can do anything you put your mind to! Hang in there!
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just read your blog and you look amazing. Please be encouraged, you have given everyone inspiration!! Thank you and please keep going!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What you've accomplished so far is a huge inspiration and you should be damn proud of yourself. We all have those days/weeks/MONTHS sometimes where motivation slips and we start wondering why we should keep working so hard at this. But it's like hitting a wall in a marathon--you just have to keep going. Losing weight healthily is a marathon, not a sprint, and you're doing an amazing job at setting an example for your kids and learning how to live actively and mindfully for the rest of your life.

Give yourself a big pat on the back, and plan your day tomorrow with confidence and energy.

hugs!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Wow!! How could you NOT be excited when you look so absolutely, amazingly, awesome! :drinker: You have inspired me!

Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! What a change. You can so do this!

I'm just wondering: what are your best tips, secrets, and advice on getting there? I'd love to be where you are!
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference! I love to see before and after pics, they are such an inspiration. You say you want to be at the same weight as in the last 2 pics. To be honest I don't think there's much difference beween how you looked then and how you look now. In fact I would say you look more toned now. Don't let the scale dominate you. Keep logging your foods etc and try to rely more on your body measurements. Scales can be so deceiving and depending on what they tell you, will either be your friend or enemy! I got in to the habit of weighing daily, and found that my weight can go up or down as much as 3 or 4 pounds in a day. So it's obvious that when you drop say 3lb you're on a high and feel motivated, but when you gain 3lb, wtf! you wonder where the hell you went wrong and feel like is it all worth it. The answer will always be a big YES it certainly is worth it. Just look again at your pics......you have come so far and should be so so proud of your achievements. You look fantastic, beautiful and radiant! Just keep on doing what you're doing and be happy! Feel free to add me if you need any more motivation. :flowerforyou:
  • monimoni325
    Options
    Hi there, I just joined this site and so glad I found it. I want to reply to your post. Its frustrating as you mentioned, when the scale moves up instead of down. But as everyone stated, you look AMAZING and have come a long way and what you lost thus far is a CELEBRATION of your determination to make YOU number one! Also, as you probably know, this process is a journey, not a destination. While you may have a goal weight, remember that life goes on when you reach your goal. Then maintenance begins and the scale won't stay in one spot all the time. It will move up and down. Realizing that fluctuations are normal and accepting them as just that, not an indicator of how your day should be, is key. As you probably know, when we let the scale dictate how we feel that day it messes with our head and our self esteem. Always believe that you are a beautiful woman, confident and amazing regardless of what the scale says. Just know that life happens, we can hold onto water weight for countless reasons, etc. Believe in yourself, you are amazing!!
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the encouraging words everyone! You guys rock!
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's just food - sometimes we have too much of it for various reasons, but if you know that you can balance it out - and it looks to me like you've learnt to do that really well - your pictures look like a transformation. You're more than half way there, you've no need to feel bad about losing 53 pounds and looking so good on it, just keep on keeping on. Think how good you'll feel when you get there!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. I have ate bad for about seven days. I do not know why, I just have. 53 pounds is a lot of weight. That is an elementary student. Great job.
  • JMarie5390
    Options
    I'm so glad I found your blog! Keep reminding yourself that this is worth it. That YOU are worth it. Your story is inspiring.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    You are so worth being the best you you can be. and holy cow - 53 pounds - Just put that last 35 on notice… you will prevail!!
  • ccebohmygod
    Options
    Been there - felt that. Starting over can be SO HARD. Give yourself a break. You sound like your own worst critic. I lost 53 lbs but..... YOU LOST 53LBS and you WILL lose the other 35 and 1lb for good measure. Often think ill be happy when I am thin again. I will enjoy summer when I am thin. I will enjoy nights out when I am thin. But life is passing us by. We need to stop this and enjoy the moment. The scale will be down again next week, make sure it is. And you will feel amazing knowing you turned it around.
  • cherbapp
    Options
    You are doing so good! I was looking for motivation...in the same place as you...about 2/3 of the way and kinda stuck...not wanting to give up but not feeling motivated to try as hard.

Look at each crappy day...or week...or even month as just a pause. Never the end. Sometimes a break from working so hard can give us the energy we need to jump back in with full force. You got this far, you know you can do the rest. Pick a date to get back on board and you will succeed.

You actually forced me to motivate myself. I'm picking my date to reboot...lol.

Hang in there...you look amazing already!
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done well. Grab a friend or cousin and find a challenge to do. Do a 10k or some other challenge. Christmas is only a little over 100 days from today. Set a goal and post it and shout it tell everyone and you will control this. You got this.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! What a change. You can so do this!

I'm just wondering: what are your best tips, secrets, and advice on getting there? I'd love to be where you are!

Oh goodness. I don't know really! The best advice I guess that has really helped me is to not tell yourself you can't have something. Like, chocolate. I love chocolate. And if I told myself I can't eat that any more I would give up probably. I mean, I still eat treats but just in moderation. Truthfully, before I started eating better, I could eat like a whole plate of brownies. Now, I will just have one.
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When you have a lot of weight to lose, it is natural to lose some steam along the way. But don't do what I did!!! I lost 60 pounds, and I ate back 40 pounds. You have to keep going. Try a new gym or a new exercise regimen!!! Get a girlfriend to encourage you, and start exercising together. I wish you the best of luck in the future. Take one day at a time!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!