Gluten Free, Non-Dairy - Cheese Please?

Options
kimjoan
kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
My doctors have recently taken me off of gluten and dairy and I am a huge cheese lover. I am sure that there are others on MFP in the same boat so here is the question - Any good cheeses out there for those of us on a non-dairy, gluten free diet? I have tried a few soy cheeses and they are just awful. Found some mozzarella flavored rice based slices that aren't bad. Thanks for the input.

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    For what purpose? Nut cheeses are usually awesome and you can even make some at home. But they are more spreadable. Depending on the purpose, the recommendation may vary.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    An intolerance of both gluten and dairy.
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Daiya makes non dairy cheese (shredded and wedges). so delishes makes dairy free yoghourt and ice cream. tofutti also makes dairy free cheese.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Be careful, some of the fake cheeses contain casine which is a milk protien.
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Daiya makes non dairy cheese (shredded and wedges). so delishes makes dairy free yoghourt and ice cream. tofutti also makes dairy free cheese.
    This. My kiddos are dairy/gluten free and if I can convince a 2 and 4 year old to eat it anyone can stomach it! :)