I need calorie help please

Options
I logged my food for the day ( 1089 calories) along with exercise and it shows I still should have consumed more 1200 more. How am I supposed to consume that many more when I'm full from a meal? I don't want to snack all day long. Could I get some people to look at my diary and tell me what I can do differently? I'm so confused by all this calorie counting. :/
I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I logged my food for the day ( 1089 calories) along with exercise and it shows I still should have consumed more 1200 more. How am I supposed to consume that many more when I'm full from a meal? I don't want to snack all day long. Could I get some people to look at my diary and tell me what I can do differently? I'm so confused by all this calorie counting. :/
    I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance :-)

That happened with me as well - I exercised today and it says I should be eating ~800 calories more, but I really don't feel like going out of my way to eat that much. MFP will have a margin of error, and probably doesn't calculate exercise and food calories perfectly. In saying that, it's a brilliant way to keep track of what you are eating. I haven't looked at your diary, but do what I do - eat what you're comfortable with, as long as it's on your original target, and if you've exercised and are still hungry, eat back some of those exercise calories. Good luck!
  • shrinkingkiwi
    shrinkingkiwi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The trick is to have extra food throughout the day on a day when you are exercising. If it is time for bed it is just too late. I found keeping some nuts on my desk at work helped - 3 brazil nuts is 100 calories.

I find if I am too low I just get really tired at a some point in the next couple of days so not worth it.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to add snacks, then add the extra calories to each meal. I easily get in 1700 or more by eating calorie dense foods. BTW your diary seems to be set to private.

One thing that I've read and experienced for myself is lack of appetite. Many times people will tell you, don't eat if your not hungry. However if you have been at a large deficit for a long time your body no longer sends hunger signals like it should. In this instance eating more is the solution, because you can't trust your body to tell you it needs those calories.