Anyone use wii fit as part of their exercise routine?

Options
I just got a wii fit and I was wondering if anyone else uses it for exercise? If you do what exercise do you do on it that you find gives you the most sweat and calories burned?

Replies

• myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I use wii fit plus. I do the hula hoop for 10 minutes which burns 92 calories, the boxing for 10 minutes (92ish), Kung Fu and advanced step and basic step. I don't feel like the running records right and I like to do that outside. I do the other games if I need a breather or treat :-) I also have set up a routine of yoga and strength training that burns about 115 calories, which is a nice warm up before I do the rest.
  • funmonk
    Options
    I do the same as above. Today I eliminated basic step. I do the running, bad knees, allergies, etc. Also started using a hrm AMD the calorie count the Wii gave me was low. No wonder I was hungry all the time:) sorry about double post will not let me delete it.
  • funmonk
    Options
    I do the same as above. Today I eliminated basic step. I do the running, bad knees, allergies, etc. Also started using a hrm and the calorie count the Wii gave me was low. No wonder I was hungry all the time:)
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    xbox kinect your fitness i love it
  • chanixxx
    Options
    I use a wii and LOVE the boxing from Exerbeat, it bvurns about 500-600 calories in 20-45 minutes, and it has other great games too! You can make your own fitness routine and everything. I also have some other dance one, but it gets dull, and wii fit plus. But boxing definately burns the most in the least time.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do JUST DANCE 2 on the Wii......... fun and sweat- a great combo!
    I count 30 mins as 100 cals (by the time you switch between songs, you may only be dancing about 20)
  • rhonniema
    Options
    I do when I don't feel like going outside.
    The calorie burns I feel are quite low though.
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    mostly just use it as a warm up now, but with swimming the Wii was the main exercise i used whilst losing weight!
  • tinkerbellswt
    Options
    I use my xbox kinect. I use the dance programs for now. Lets Dance and Dance Central 1 and 2. They are pretty low impact and I am just starting so it lets me breathe some! I have the Zumba for the kinect too, not ready for that... its a real work for beginners!
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    I use the WII Active 30 day challenge. I've been at it for about a month and I lost 6lbs. Love it!!!
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus!! I do hula hoop, basic step, balance games for 30 minutes. Then I add in 20 minutes of yoga and 20 minutes of strength training as well some days. This is in addition to my walking routines and circuit training.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options
    Sometimes i use it for the yoga stretchs i dont really count the calories it burns as i dont see how itnestimates how much you burn without monitoring your HR. Kinect is good for a run indoors as it scans your body movement i feel thats a bit more accurate.
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't have a wii anymore (lost it in the divorce, which turned out to be MUCH better for my health). I did boxing, hula hoops, stepping, and strength and yoga all the time. Not a great workout, but better than nothing.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me this: http://www.amazon.com/Aerobics-Step-Platform-Wii-Fit-Nintendo/dp/B0028IDSWE

It's a 3 inch platform that securely holds the Wii balance board so that I have a little higher step for aerobic exercise. I like it except that for some things I don't want the platform, and you have to take the carpet feet off of the balance board to put it into the platform.

I used the Wii to get myself started doing some kind of exercise, and I still use it when outdoors isn't a good option or I only have a few minutes or am feeling extra lazy and it just seems easier to get started than getting ready to be seen outside of the house, getting my bike out, etc. I imagine I will use it more again when it gets snowy/icy or miserably cold and windy over the winter.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort in my routine. On WFP, I love the Super Hula Hoop, Advance Step, Kung Fu, Boxing, and I do the 10-20 minute free run. I do the free run to build up my endurance a bit. I also do the flying chicken with five pound wrist weights because that KILLS my arms!

With Wii Sports Resort, I get really over-zealous with Swordplay and table tennis (release the champion within!). Plus, I have a competitive SO, so I always tend to play harder than normal when I play with him. :P

Edited to add that with my Wii, I play a lot of the Just Dance games and Zumba. I LOOOOOOOVE Zumba. Zumba, I think, is the reason I lost the weight I did!
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like it for the balance games and I used to do step before my knee objected. I found out my son was playing when I didn't notice, he thought it was funny to blow away my high scores. It kept me motivated though, can't let my 11 year old kick my butt!
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i use the wii fit for running long distance, hula hoop, yoga (if i am in the mood for falling over lol) and some of the balance games
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit for Yoga, stength training, and aerobics. I love it
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    i use the wii fit for running long distance, hula hoop, yoga (if i am in the mood for falling over lol) and some of the balance games

The real me can't balance anything, the animated me will fall off the tightrope within seconds, it's not pretty!

I have a house with an open floor plan so I can go around and around it which I do with the running game, it's awesome.