Anyone else quit smoking?

Options
I'm into day 4 of no smoking. I'm so lethargic and I want to munch on things all the time....neither of which are good for trying to eat better and excersise. I busted my calorie limit yesterday, but I'm doing much better today. I've been pushing myself through my workouts thinking I'll feel more energetic afterwards, but I don't. I'm breathing much easier, but I generally feel like crap. Anybody else been there? Any advice?

Replies

• susi_q_xx
    susi_q_xx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same (I'm on day 4 today) I gave myself a week off because I knew I was going to be grouchy & irritable!! I put 2lb back on but today is where it stops so I'm off to the gym!! I'll let u know how I get on, feel free to add me! X
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    No. 1 : WTF 4 whole days with out a cigerette! 4 whole days of not poisoning yourself and choking on a stick of death ?!

Pat yourself on the back woman...

No. 2 : Know that you don't need anything but your own awesomeness. Suck your gut in, push your boobs out and walk proud- you've kicking those disgusting things to the curb...

No. 3 : (This is something someone else mentioned on here the other day)
    Right now, you're feeling everything a little bit more intensely than you normally would. If you get a strong feeling to grab that horrible cake/biscuit/lolly(or any other crazy thougts that you know you wouldn't normally feel to THAT extent)-...
    STOP.. think... WAIT IT"S NOT YOU-> it's just your body/brain havin a freak out!!!!

Well done and go easy on yourself for the first week, your doing something so fantastic for yourself, think of it as your "Birthday Week" =]

(I'm in week 4 and no way am I looking back it's just the best- I still get a bit of an empty feeling but it passes and I couldn't even bare to pick another one up anyway)

You can do it cos you already are!!
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    you will soon have the satisfaction of knowing that you overcame an addiction and are now master of your own body.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Have done it nefore, but have recently fallen off the ex-smoker wagon :( Starting again as of now!! I found being busy was the way to go - Clean out those cupboards, deal with all that paperwork AND most importantly, avoid all those have to smoke times ie the pub, for 4 weeks
    Good Luck and 4 days is brill, keep it up xx