BMF- Can the armband go through security at airport?

Options
In a couple weeks I'm flying out to see the folks and was thinking about the Body Media Fit armband. Has anyone had to take it off to go through security at an airport? I'd like to think it wouldn't set off the machine, but if it does, I'd like to take it off before I make a scene and everyone around thinking I'm a terrorist! lol:embarassed:

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    I had a Bodybugg and TSA asked me to remove it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • frmrdtr
    frmrdtr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Was it visible ninerbuff? Mine would be covered up, but if it sets the machine off, well, it would take some time to get it off. Maybe I should just take it off and not worry about it....
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Last time i flew i took it off for the flight (although i have to admit i did not want to. Im addicted to wearing mine!)
  • frmrdtr
    Options
    I am addicted to mine as well! I don't do anything while it's off! :smile: Pretty bad, eh? lol
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In a couple weeks I'm flying out to see the folks and was thinking about the Body Media Fit armband. Has anyone had to take it off to go through security at an airport? I'd like to think it wouldn't set off the machine, but if it does, I'd like to take it off before I make a scene and everyone around thinking I'm a terrorist! lol:embarassed:

Yeah, I was asked to take mine off and put it through the xray. Otherwise, it was totally fine.
  • frmrdtr
    Options
    Thanks vegamy! I think I'll just take it off and not worry about it....