Replies

• asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THAT STORY!!! great work. :happy:
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING, Karissa! Don't sell yourself short!

I had to giggle because a friend and I always walk for our afternoon break at work. During our walk, we always run down this one little hill. One day she was wearing a dress and i was wearing a skirt. We got to the hill and......ran! It was so funny that we just giggled. Keep on going! You've made a GREAT start!
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Doesn't that first taste of success taste a million times better than any food out there? You should be proud of yourself. You pushed your own limit. Keep doing that and there is no telling what you can do! Keep up the good work! (and thank you for sharing your NSV!)
  • Heatherjg0419
    Heatherjg0419 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is a great read! And seriously ... your body is saying "thank you for doing this for me" ... spectacular! :-)
  • skt001
    skt001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • monicamcisaac
    monicamcisaac Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey what a cool story, I can't imagine myself ever running! I'm new here - what's NSV?
  • Crazyjoe11
    Options
    Great read, you write well.
    May all your tomorrows be todays.

Nicely put.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am a walker/hiker too and recently when I was on the treadmill I decided to step it up and jog a little and now I just do walk/jog intervals. And, like you I found myself smiling and even laughing. So weird! But, I haven't run since I was a kid (except to code blues). Keep up the good work!
  • kittyconni
    Options
    You ROCK! I love these NSV that we all have. My first NSV was when I could do more than 15 minutes on the Elliptical trainer at the gym without feeling like I was having a heart attack!
    Keep on doing what you are doing. It's the victories over our past bad habits that keep us going.
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is the beginning of a new you! Congrats on changing your life :happy:

I have only been doing this a short while - I joined a month ago - and if someone had told me I would get into doing exercise I would have laughed in their face. But now I am addicted - so wierd!!! I'm having a rest day today from the 30 day shred and I'm longing to do it but forcing myself to take the rest my body needs...
  • myasmom
    Options
    I appreciate all of your kind words! Thanks everyone for keeping me so motivated!!!

Karissa
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!