Fitness goal

Options
I have been running for 2 days. My body hurts. And i really commend people who have been running for a while. Especially those who started at a higher weight than mine. and managed to lose a lot of weight. And reached their goal weight or fitness goals. It is not easy to start. My friend is addicted to running, and id like to get to her level. I really don't want this to be another fling with working out. I want to run forever.

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Cool, what about strength training though?
  • venetianz
    venetianz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    starting today
  • mechristina
    Options
    Keep Going Running is Best Exercise and Good For Loosing Weight. All Of Your health problem Will solve soon if you continue this running exercise. and font compare yourself now with your Friend who are running from years first make running is your habit and then compare and beat them..
  • ennysmith
    Options
    keep it up! running is a good exercise.It help you by losing their weight and you also feel relax.
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have been running for 2 days. My body hurts. And i really commend people who have been running for a while. Especially those who started at a higher weight than mine. and managed to lose a lot of weight. And reached their goal weight or fitness goals. It is not easy to start. My friend is addicted to running, and id like to get to her level. I really don't want this to be another fling with working out. I want to run forever.

good on you for taking the plunge into running. you will never look back. running is so enjoyable and a great way to burn calories fast. all the best on your journey
  • nicadee
    nicadee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you are new to running are you following a beginners programme like couch to 5k?
    Ease into it gently and keep up the good work - you will suddenly find you love running
    And remember your rest day is as important as your running day

Quote that i love is
    "If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." - John Bingham

:smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting, but... If you say you've been running for two days, does that mean two days in a row?

I'd recommend every other day if you're just starting out. It's a lot more enjoyable when you're running fresh each time. :smile: