Salmon at Chili's

Options
I went to Chili's last week and ordered the Salmon with Garlic and Herbs. I asked for double broccoli instead of rice and broccoli. It was outstanding! I found a calorie count somewhere for that meal that said "as served" with around 700 calories. Since I didn't eat any rice, I calculated the calories of the salmon (it said how many ounces it was) and the broccoli. I think I ended up with around 349 calories. Does that sound right to you guys? Also I'm wondering if there's a big calorie difference between the Salmon with Garlic and Herbs vs the Guiltless Grill Salmon other than what it's served with, which I solved by ordering double broccoli. Because I love garlic so I really wanted to order the Salmon with Garlic and Herbs!

And finally, does anyone have wonderful salmon recipes that are low calorie? I bought some frozen salmon filets and would like to make them well seasoned and flavorful but not add sauces or fats.

Thanks!

Replies

• raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good choice with the extra broccoli and no rice! I think 349 is pretty accurate- but was the salmon dry or do you think they put on butter or oil? I always try to round up when I eat at restaurants because they always hide oils and flavored butters in there. it just seems safer.

good job tho :-)
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I thought their nutrition info was listed for the meal without sides and that you had to add the sides on extra? If that's not the case then I did really good when I ate there the other day because I added my sides to the total. :)
  • jlbower25
    jlbower25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it just includes the entree. I think you have to add the sides extra.
  • kimsmith
    Options
    fish doesn't have a lot of calories in it. the difference between the giltless and the regular salmon is how it is good and what they put on it. Guiltless is cooked without the oils and butters.

I found a great mahi mahi at costco. try it one day, you won't be disappointed.

High Liner - Macadamia Nut Mahi-Mahi in the frozen section.

260 calories per filet

add a salad with low fat dressing and you have a great meal.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I work at Chilis. I think it would end up being a little more than 349 b/c the "garlic and herbs" is basically a glaze of melted garlic flavored butter, and if you don't order the guiltless they put about 1/2 a TBS of butter with each serving of veggies when they steam them.

If you look at the salmon with garlic and herbs on the nutrition facts- for just the salmon with the garlic and herbs its 380 calories. One side of veggies is 70 calories. So the total meal is 520. - Really not too bad for a full and delicious meal.

I always think Guiltless is the way to go- It tastes just as good and is served with vegetables without butter, and is only 400 calories for the whole meal.
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks blj014 - that's just what I needed to know! I will be back at Chili's for salmon in the future- but I will order the guiltless next time!