Sense of Humour Necessary

Options
alie001
alie001 Posts: 59 Member
I was on MFP about a year ago and was crazy obbssessed with it and lost lots of weight and became a gym rat. That time was fun but kind of unfullfilling.
My husband got an amazing promotion and therefore I now run our restaurant solo. I love it, but as any small business owner can atest to, it is time consuming.
I don't actually take this psycho serious. I want to lose and feel better get healthy blah blah blah but I have a life. I have so many other things that are going on in my life and I fit health in as well now.
I make little choices all day every day to improve my eating, I choose to spend the time needed to excercise, I choose to drink more water, I choose not to partake in too much sugar. This is all about choices.
I want friends that can take a light view to their day and can laugh and joke.
If you want someone to encourage you but not browbeat you then I am your girl.
Add me, I need friends to make me laugh

Replies

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I refuse to let this whole healthy eating and living lark rule my life. I do make choices - that I will eat as well as I can whilst still eating food that I enjoy and that satisfies me. I choose to cook with butter, cream and occasionally wine - and I accept that I therefore also have to choose to exercise to counter all of that!

Like you, I have many other things to do and think about - losing weight and being healthy is only one of them (though I acknowledge an important one). I'm certainly in this for having a bit of fun and a laugh - especially right now with the slightly strained back muscle that I managed to acquire earlier in the week which is hindering my movement and mood somewhat!

I've sent you a friend request:smile:
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Added.
  • alie001
    alie001 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, let's lose the weight without our sense of humour going too!

And Jane, a girl who cooks with wine...sigh,,,I gushed a little...lol
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, let's lose the weight without our sense of humour going too!

And Jane, a girl who cooks with wine...sigh,,,I gushed a little...lol

Ha - sorry about that! Life is too short to miss out on these things! Here's to enjoying life...
  • geniousgirl
    geniousgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hehe laugh
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to not enjoy it while being healthy...and I like to eat :laugh:
    Friend request sent :smile:
  • BirdBrains
    Options
    I'm with you in this! I too used to be a member of MFP and eventually got turned off by the need it seemed to provoke to have an all or nothing attitude, or follow these rules or those rules. I've just rejoined because I have a lot to lose, but I'm here for support, general guidance, and fun, not to count every last calorie to pass through my lips!

I'm on doctors orders and common sense, good choices here!

Bex
    xxx