Inspiration!

Options
Need some inspiration. I'm not a gym or exercise class person. Normally I like being outside and going for a long walk 2/3 times a week, but I'm looking for something I can do in the house now that the weather is getting a bit rubbish. I'd like something quick, but worthwhile. Any ideas? I saw a cool looking skipping rope 20 minute daily plan but I'm clueless about these things!

Replies

• UrbanSpaceman75
    Options
    I use a rebounder (mini-trampoline) and jog on the spot on that in front of the television. Sometimes I'll just jog for half an hour or an hour, but recently I've started interval training on it (sprint for a short period of time, jog, spring again, etc and so on) which gives much better exercise value for time spent.

There's a lot of hype and nonsense about rebounding, mainly (but not exclusively) from Quack Dens that sell them claiming all kinds of magic and mystical benefits, and (deliberate?) misuse of a paper written by NASA scientists which is about bone density, not fitness.

But leaving the hype aside, I've found rebounding to be a fun and convenient way of getting some exercise indoors.
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Fitness DVDs might be good I don't use them but some people might have good suggestions
  • GemmaT32
    GemmaT32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good, thanks Spaceman!
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Have a look a this :)