Sweet Tooth

Options
I have such trouble with a sweet tooth. I absolutely CRAVE chocolate and could eat it any time of day, but especially in the afternoon when my youngest has finally laid down for a nap (my 4 year old has given up naps) and I can sit down with coffee and immediately I want something sweet. Anyone else with a sweet tooth? What helps you in those moments of weakness?

Replies

• lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    make sure you are drinking plenty of water, for my late afternoon snack, I have two clementines, little tangerines very sweet, it helps. Or maybe you try a small treat if that is the time you need it, like 100 calorie snack pack. Good luck
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I allow myself 1-2 pieces of dark chocolate a day. Or a chocolate sugar free pudding. It's ok to give in, in moderation and in things that aren't completely horrible :)
  • jdramage
    Options
    I agree with Arienna. I also love nutella on a rice cake.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I have dark chocolate 60 calorie sugar free pudding. YUM. The pudding cups are awesome.
  • EdibleEm
    Options
    Someone gave me a tip and it has worked wonderfully.. I make the jello fat free pudding too, chocolate flavour, and then add a tbs of light cool whip! Delish and always gets me through the craving :)
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    Try freezing a few pieces of chocolate and then when you get a craving you can have a piece and it last longer. I like tootsie rolls and peppermint patties because they are low in fat.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on another thread...

You can try this (I had this tonight, very tasty)

1 small/medium apple cut up into small pieces
    1/2 cup FF/LF cottage cheese
    15 almonds slivered or chopped up
    1 teaspoon of Spenda's Brown sugar blend.

Put cut up apple in the microwave and heat it for 30-40 secs, then put all remaining ingredients on top and mix.. Then enjoy!

Healthy and cures the sweet tooth. :drinker:
  • sporters
    Options
    100 calorie cakester pack. There are three to a pack and they are small, but cakey and chocolatey - two of my favorite things!! :)
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Vita muffins!!!!!!! They are GREAT (especially the deep chocolate), only 100 calories, filling and loaded with vitamins, protein and fiber. Look for them in the organic frozen section. They are sooooo good!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Fruit!!! And a York Peppermint Patty (if I don't do it often). And I like the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, but if it's something you do daily, fruit. I love apples. Hungry Girl RAVES about Fuji apples. But maybe it's something that you could do a little light walk/cardio instead (that won't wake up the little one)? Good luck!
  • aprildh
    aprildh Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will try these tips. I am doing so much better since I started with MFP and working out, I just still like that taste of something sweet.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    if you like peanut butter and chocolate (reese's peanutbutter cups ) then i have a recipe for you

CHUNKY & NUTTY FROZEN PB CUPS (hungry girl cookbook)

1 small(4 serving) package sugar fat free chocolate instant pudding mix
    1 8 oz. container cool whip free , thawed
    2 oz.(about 1/2 cup) dry roasted soy nuts
    1 Tbsp. mini semi sweet chocolate chips
    1 Tbsp reduced fat peanut butter , room temperature

Place pudding mix in a medium bowl. add 3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp) warm water. Stir until smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes.
    In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. cool whip with peanut butter until mixed well . Stir into the pudding mixture.
    Stir in half of the soy nuts and all of the mini chocolate chips. Fold the remaining cool whip. You dont need to mix it in completely- the marble effect is cool.
    Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute pudding mixture among the cups . Sprinkle the tops of the cups with remaining soy nuts
    Freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Store in freezer until ready to serve.

Makes 12 servings
    Per Serving (1 pb cup) 78 calories, 2g fat, 123mg sodium, 11.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 2g protein

I have one of these every night with my coffee and it helps me tremendously with my chocolate craving ... GOOD LUCK
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I've learned to eat a lot of fresh fruit. I also like Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses. I only eat one and call it at that and it's only 20 calories. Jello makes some good puddings and mouses in chocolate flavors as well.
  • jaune
    jaune Posts: 29
    Options
    I'll drink sf hot chocolate, 25 calories.
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have found that Slim-Fast's Double-Dutch Chocolate snack bars (100 calories) satisfy my chocolate sweet tooth. They are small but are enough to satisfy the craving.
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross, but I make chocolate cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder with some splenda or sugar (I don't like splenda) to taste. I like to blend it with my wand blender because otherwise it looks like too disgusting. Its pretty good and it helps with the cravings. Personally I can't stop at just a few pieces of chocolate so I just avoid it.