My 1 year Anniversary success story

Options
radosti1
radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
A year ago, my oldest started Kindergarten. We took pictures and put him on the bus. It was the first day of an exciting journey for him and us. Later, after work, I downloaded the pictures from my camera and was a bit appalled at what I saw. He was cute as ever and I will cherish this picture for the rest of my life. But I was big. Bigger than I have ever been. Couple that with my doctor's dire warnings of impending diabetes and the fact that I could not walk up a flight of stairs without puffing, it was time for a change.

So, here I am, a year later. MFP has broken down that crazy insurmountable task of losing weight into little daily baby steps. I am 28 lbs down, but more than that number, I am down from a tight size 14 to a loose size 8. I even own a pair of Lucky brand jeans in a size 6 that fit like a glove. I am happy to say that the threat of diabetes has receded. The first 16 lbs came off with diet controls, the last 12 lbs have required me to build exercise into my life, but I was ready for it by then. I adopted a lab/shar pei mix in April and she is my running coach. Not a day goes by where I am not required to "just do something". Even during my bout of food poisoning, she dragged me out for a slow 1 mile walk just to get out. So, I appreciate her efforts, most days.

304924_4131401197629_520827646_n.jpg

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look great! and 10 years younger.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

absolutly this.
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congrats! I do agree with the others, you look much younger!!!
  • medlerharvest
    Options
    Well done, you look great... what an inspiration to us all.
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look great! Good job!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You look so wonderful, and there's no denying that handsome boy is your son! Talk about resembling mom! He must be so proud of his momma!

*Edited to say the above posters are right on - you definitely look younger!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Girl you look great!!!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments! I know a lot of hard work and effort went into your last year, and it definitely shows! You look fantastic! And what a cutie pie you have! :smile:
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You look a good few years younger without the weight! Congrats!
  • PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Great motivation for me-you look maaahvelous!!!
  • angieling3
    angieling3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, not only do you look amazing, but you look younger!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! It constantly amazes me how much *younger* folks look as they make significant losses and even begin to show a little tone. You definitely fit the "looking younger" category!
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look like you are your own daughter in the after shot! Beautiful!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am so very proud of your efforts. Each day you logged in and logged food and ensured that you were paying attention to your life - and that made all the difference in the results.

Congratulations on your success! Excellent job.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    Thank you for posting - I've only been on this site for about a month, but the inspiration, motivation, and power that you provide by sharing is priceless - Thank you, and Best of Luck to You!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow!! You are so beautiful. You son is so cute too!! Congratulations!!
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options

definitely do! :) congratulations!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!