A Breakdown

lh1242
lh1242 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
So tonight I had a breakdown, I had been doing pretty well working out everyday and eatting well. But then today we went out to lunch AND dinner and I ended up eating cheap, not healthy... so my calories have skyrocketed and I didn't even work out. I was hoping to hear that this happens sometimes? I feel like I have completely messed myself up! UGH new goal is to bounce back and eb more healthy.... I hate being a poor college kid, I need to be a poor, straving one. Anyone feel my pain? :/

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I feel your pain! And it does happen. But for the future, maybe pick all the fast foods that you might have to run into, check the nutrition facts and figure out what is a better option. Then seeing how many calories it is ahead of time might pop into your head when you have to eat on the run. But we all do it from time to time, and as long as you fix it, you'll be just fine! Good luck with school!
  • I feel your pain and things like this happen to the best of us! The best thing you can do is acknowledge what happened and get back on track tomorrow.

Good luck!
  • Don't beat yourself up! Just start a new day - fresh start! Don't dwell on it. I've allow myself a day once in awhile to have a glass of wine or a couple of cookies. No regrets.
  • lh1242
    lh1242 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks so much! Its good to know we all do it, and I will be taking that advice and looking it up next time> Maybe then I will be more prepared and know what to avoid! Thanks again!
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Oh my lord, pretty sure we all do.If we don't all do it, I know I do! I live in a place with few restaurants, no fast food, etc. So when I go to the city I want to just eat a huge meal from some chain restaurant and sometimes, I do. It happens. We aren't perfect. But it's awesome that you realize it though, and don't beat yourself up too bad about it! Losing weight is about getting healthy for life, and chances are, you aren't going to go your whole life without ever eating fast food again.Just watch yourself next time, no worries! Good luck! :)
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    my dad turned 57 last night, pretty sure i was over my calories by 800 or something. we all do it, no one can be perfect. the great thing is that you can start new the next day.
This discussion has been closed.