I want to start the Couch to 5K

Options
I'm starting the couch to 5k tomorrow, but I am trying to figure out which one to use for the podcast because the original one is way too boring for me. So can someone give me some ideas about which one to use that will keep up my motivation?

Replies

• wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    what podcast are you using? i'm using robert ullrey's and it helps me. he gives you cues when to change pace and the music is upbeat. i'm starting week three tomorrow. good luck =)
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    Depends what music you like - I started out with Robert Ullreys but it's not really my style. Nicole Blum has a good mix of hip-hop music with a few random ones thrown in (can't remember the address sorry but I'm sure if you google it she will pop up).

If you have an ipod/iphone you can download an app which lets you play your own music and plays the cues on top of it - that's what I use now and i LOVE it.

Good luck and congrats on starting! I start Week 6 this week and I am loving it. I'm amazed at what I can do now - never ever thought I'd be able to run for 20 minutes straight!
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    Do you know which app that is that will let me play my own music?
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    I use the Alex Stankovic one, I am sure there are others but this one works well for me. Search by C25K in the App store. It's not a free one but it's only a few dollars and totally worth it. I find it so motivating to choose my own music.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have been using the C25K app for iPhone/iPod Touch by Alex Stankovic also and LOVE it. That one lets you add your own music to the app. It was recommended over the other apps available. It is $2.99. I don't usually pay for apps, but this one was worth it!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You can actually make your own playlist by using itunes. Get all the songs you want in a playlist (I call mine running interval). In the playlist right click on the song and pick Get Info. On that menu you should be able to pick options and you can pick how long you want the song to run for under end time.

I flip between my own playlists and robert ullrey's