Anyone with results at 5'2???

Options
I would like to see progress of anyone 5'2, I struggle to get past 145lbs!!

Replies

• tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2!
  • kdfulgham
    kdfulgham Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and started MFP in Jan at 170.5, I am now 130, and went as low as 126. I am 49 yrs old and it seems I have trouble maintaining anything under 130, although I would love to be 125. I currently wear a 6/8 and am pretty happy where I am. I do have loose skin from the 42lb loss, and need to concentrate on lifting. Good luck!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'2" and 5'3". (I've always been 5'3" but i'm slowly shrinking :) ) I've lost 24lbs this year (Since Jan) and 40lbs total since my highest weight. I'm 135lbs now and would like to lose another 10lbs and tone.

Feel free to add me and follow my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WendyFitMom

Wendy
  • sionnain
    Options
    I'm maintaining at 5'1.5"; the most i've been is 122 lbs, but BOY is it a struggle to lose even a single pound. I feel like it's not fair to be this short, considering my BMR is just under 1300 calories, and I work a desk job for 10 hours a day. I probably burn 1400-1500 on a regular day. It's really hard to keep my calories around that number!
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    what sort of ecercise do you ladies do??? I do walk awat the pounds 4 mile and running, sometimes the shred and elliptical, I have major back issues with degeneration already happening and i am only 35 :/
  • reader312
    Options
    I'm 5'2''. I started at the end of July at 200lbs, and I'm now down to 186. I've been fluctuating recently though, and this morning I was back up to 187. My first goal is 150 and I hope to hit 130! Good luck!!!!
    <3
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    5'2'' here- 40 years old. Weighed 98# in HS. Weighed 128# 8 weeks pregnant with 2nd child. After 3rd child 145#.
    Started MFP July 2012- 152# (highest ever)
    As of this morning - 140# ! Goal is 128 (for now)
    Wont post pics til goal- sorry! But trust me- its working - Waist is down 2 inches- but not much inch loss elsewhere.

I am VERY small framed and probably could weigh 102 without looking sickly - but Im going to 128 and seeing how that feels. If I continue to melt at the rate I am- I may drop my goal weight another 10#s but I will only continue past 128 if its SUSTAINABLE.
    I wont get into a situation where I eat 1 cracker and go up 5# and have to fight hard to go back down. I do not yet know my sustainable weight, but believe I will recognize it when I get there.

Good luck!
  • sionnain
    Options
    i really like the cybex arc trainer, because i burn more calories for what i feel like is less work. also roller skating is a lot of fun; you can easily skate 1-2 hours at the rink (sometimes i'll do 20-30 minutes alone, on a tennis court) and 30 minutes is like 300 calories for me!
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    In 1 week my weight went from 145 to 148, then today 147 I just don't understand what is happening?? I am also on estrace hormone therapy due to having a complete hysterectomy almost 3 years ago, so i don't know if it's a hormone thing or not.
  • hannahcaringal
    Options
    i'm exactly 5'2, i'm 22 years old and my weight was 140lbs. I am down 4 lbs and its not that much but my goal weight is to lose about 10-15 lbs. I find that since i'm so short, its hard to keep under my calorie intake since my bmr is pretty low at 1300. I find that cutting back my calories works pretty well, and since joining MFP, i realized why i wasn't losing any weight (all the supposed 'healthy eating' wasn't really healthy at all. But since I started counting my calories and exercising when i can, i found a little bit of results. good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • LTrangsrud
    LTrangsrud Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and have lost 16# since I started in March 2012. I exercise to Jillian Michaels Trouble Zones two days a week and other days I do other strength/cardio/biking/fast walking/gardening and so on. I own my business and work full time so my exercising is done early in the mornings. I post all my food on MFP and also the exericise. I must stay around 1200 calories per day and have nearly elliminated sugar from my diet. I feel GREAT! My goal is 125# and I am now 134.5#. Good luck to you!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    5'2" here! I've lost 11 pounds so far and 2 pant sizes :) My goal is 140.
  • _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Had my daughter February, and lost about 40 lbs since.

Im not sure how to add pictures....

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9fdprnA2a1rokhyb.png

Good luck on your journey!!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my goal is 145ish...LOL!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'2 and 5'3..will be 50 in 3 days. I have lost 14 lbs in the last month. 5 years ago I dropped 40 lbs just by walking 3 miles (in an hour) like 4 days a week...and just watching what I ate.

Now I walk the same distance 5 - 6 days a week..found MFP and am seeing results. I look best around 135 so that's where I want to get back to and STAY there :)
  • asiaz
    Options
    5'2'' here- 40 years old. Weighed 98# in HS. Weighed 128# 8 weeks pregnant with 2nd child. After 3rd child 145#.
    Started MFP July 2012- 152# (highest ever)
    As of this morning - 140# ! Goal is 128 (for now)
    Wont post pics til goal- sorry! But trust me- its working - Waist is down 2 inches- but not much inch loss elsewhere.

I am VERY small framed and probably could weigh 102 without looking sickly - but Im going to 128 and seeing how that feels. If I continue to melt at the rate I am- I may drop my goal weight another 10#s but I will only continue past 128 if its SUSTAINABLE.
    I wont get into a situation where I eat 1 cracker and go up 5# and have to fight hard to go back down. I do not yet know my sustainable weight, but believe I will recognize it when I get there.

Good luck!

wow i could have written this post! i just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago. had my 3rd child 3 years ago and was up to probably about 140.

i am now 114 as of this morning and i hate to say this cause i might get bashed but i did hhcg and lost most of my weight from that. i am still on it but will be ending soon. not sure if i want my goal weight to be 105 or 110.

i'll go ahead and post a pic.

beforeafterp.jpg

edit: my 2nd pic got cut off .. here's a link

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2554/beforeafterp.jpg
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I started around 170 and am 134 right now. I'd like to loose 4-9 more pounds, we'll see. I'm happy right now, I just have a couple of areas that will hopefully shrink a bit. I was stuck in the 140s until I got serious about lifting heavy (heavy for me, I was a wet noodle) 3-4 x/week, it's made an enormous difference. The lower I go, the slower it comes off, that's for damn sure. It takes me about 10 days or so to loose a pound on average. I eat between 1200-1500 cals/day.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and lost 50 lbs...then I went through a bulk cycle, now I want to lose 15 more.

Current before and after:

2771006_6808.jpg
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    what sort of ecercise do you ladies do??? I do walk awat the pounds 4 mile and running, sometimes the shred and elliptical, I have major back issues with degeneration already happening and i am only 35 :/

I lift, spin and walk a LOT... a ton of walking.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'1" and I started weight loss at 171lbs and I got down to 109 lbs earlier this year. I came up a bit because that was too low of BF for me and I don't get on the scale anymore. I hovered around 150 lbs for decades, now I hover around 120 or a bit over that now, probably 125 and still very lean and with more muscle now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!