Acai Berry

Options
I've heard good things about the stuff, but until today, I never tried any. I bought a bottle of Acai berry and green tea leaf mixture, supposed to just be a dietary supplement, the bottle mentioned antioxidants, healthy immune system, extra energy and mental alertness and curbing your appetite.

Have any of you ever taken the stuff?? I took 2 (as directed) and have NO APPETITE. None. Nada. I went grocery shopping after I took them and ONLY bought healthy stuff. I had no desire to buy a donut on my way out. I planned meals as I shopped, all healthy ones for the entire week (and then some!) I haven't felt this "un-hungry" in ages, and I totally wasn't expecting it.

I will be making a pot roast for dinner.... I think I'll easily be able to make it without picking on anything, as I just don't feel like eating anything- which is weird, because I'll usually eat all the time if I let myself - eating has nothing to do with hunger for me most times.

So - is there a BAD thing about the stuff? Something I ought to worry about?? The only 2 ingredients on my bottle are Acai Berry and Green Tea leaf extract.

If this stuff works this good for me as an appetite suppressant every day, and there are no "bad" side effects I'm unaware of, I'll have no trouble reaching my goal! :smile:

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I think that there isn't much hard science to back up the claims but if it works for you and you can afford to add it as a suppliment.. I haven't heard anything about it that makes it dangerous!

Go for it!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You already avoided the biggest danger by purchasing from a store. All those "free trial" internet ads are a giant scam to get your credit card data so they can charge you a monthly fee and keep sending you product.

I take a plain acai supplement without the green tea extract. I don't notice that my appetite is lessened, but I noticed right after I started taking them, I seemed to drop weight a little faster for a couple of weeks without having changed anything else I was doing. Things leveled off, but I figure being over 50, I need all the anti-oxidants I can get. I think using acai, without the "colon cleanse" tabs that are getting pushed in that internet scam is a good thing to do, along with a healthy diet and a mult-vitamin.

Good luck. I think the green tea extract probably has more to do with your loss of appetite than the acai, but, that is a hunch, not an expert opinion.:bigsmile:

EDIT--Just re read your post, so I should say I HOPE you bought them from a store!!!
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    what is the name of the product
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others and I think you have to drink a lot of it.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    It's not a drink, it's a pill... it's made by Nature's Organics.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
  • brooooke
    brooooke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you starving when it wears off, or is the appetite loss consistent? I have taken 5HTP supplements before and found I lost my appetite all day, but at night I was starving so it was a little hit or miss.