P F Chang's

Options
Invited to dinner at P F Changs, want to plan my meal so I can eat something the rest of the day: Any suggestions or advice? Chinese food is often very fatty.

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I dont know, But I am looking forward to see what people say! I am going there with a girlfriend in March to celebrate my 40th birthday! we will shop shop shop all day, and finish our day there.

It is so yummy!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Is there a PF Chang's website to look at the menu and the calorie content? I know that I have planned on going out to dinner before at a chain restaurant and went to the web first to help make a smarter food choice. Hope this helps!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting Buddha's feast! It's just a bunch of veggies and tofu that you can get either steamed or stir-fried. Get it steamed, it's healthier and so delicious! Oh, and go with brown rice :) I love P.F. Chang's!
  • mandyfsc
    Options
    I love PF Changs. And you are right, it can be very high in calories. Go directly to their website and you can check out the calories in every meal. I love the Ginger Chicken with Broccoli and if you like spicy and you like Eggplant the Ground Chicken with Eggplant is my favorite. Both under 300 calories per serving. I think the full meal is 3 servings. So make it dinner, lunch and dinner. Or split it over 2 meals and it's still not too high. I personally can leave out the rice and still feel fully satisfied but if you need the rice, make sure to add those calories in as well. Good job planning ahead! I bet if all restaurants had the calories for all their foods right in front of you people would walk out a lot more! Most restaurants put nutritional info on their website so as long as we plan ahead, it's all good! :)
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps with chicken!! They are so dang tasty and aren't bad at all. Be careful though, there is a faulty entry here on mfp for the calories. Go look on Chang's website and they have it accurately. Yum!! You could also get some kind of soup if you don't think the wraps will be enough.
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    You can order the food any way you want (without sauce, etc). They have a "fitness" menu because host a marathon/ 1/2 marathon and also a gluten free menu (since I'm gluten intolerant, I'm VERY thankful for!). Their menus usually have the calories and some sections have the protein, carb, fat content too.
    God bless,
    Karen
    P.S. I love their lemon chicken. It's chicken with rice, broccoli and a sweet lemon sauce.