Gym pick up lines

Options
13»

Replies

• spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Gotta be the guy who sticks out from the crowd, what should I do?
    Wear a speedo while working out. That will make you stick out in more ways than one.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Just offer some pointers, maybe keep ur back straight or get low or something like that
    I get that a lot from guys on my gym from the PT's to the ordinary men whenever they see me deadlifting or squatting/lunging on the squat rack. As a woman, I do appreciate that kind of gesture especially if its coming from a PT. However for ordinary men, it depends on some factors (physique, training, manner of saying it, etc.).
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When she's not in the middle of a set, say... she goes to the water fountain to fill up the water bottle, or she goes to do stretches, bump into her there casually (really, try to make it look like a coincidence that you're going to do such things at about the same time), and chat her up. Avoid doing this too often before you make your move, or else you'll come across as Creepy Gym Stalker Guy.

If you catch her on a rest between sets of something, try complimenting her on her technique to start conversation. I say between sets, because if you mention what you are referring to a long time after she completed the exercise, it will probably come across as if you were staring at her the whole time. Maybe ask her if she's training for something specific. Ask open questions (questions that can't be answered with just a "yes" or "no". This same tactic is used in Sales, to avoid having the other person shut down the conversation quickly).

Absolutely do NOT offer her unsolicited advice. There is nothing more irritating to a woman who takes her training seriously than to have some guy come up to her and assume that she doesn't know what she's doing in any way. Only give her advice on something if she specifically asks. I know that if a guy did that to me, he'd likely have screwed over any chance he had, for good.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Don't say anything make her want you first. Make long glances of eye contact (not while she is squatting) and smile. You want your face to be in her head a few times. make her remember seeing you, make sure she remembers seeing you. After you make eye contact and smile for a week or two just start saying hi and they you can say what ever you want. If you have been successful with your eye contact and smiling she will be thinking of you already and have assumptions of what you are like and know if she will date you or not at this point. Just be straight up and ask her out.

This is the best one. I'd respond to this.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ditch the pickup line strategy. It wont work. And dont kid yourself. She already knows you've been checking her out using the mirrors.

Make brief but direct eye contact. Dont do this often and dont stare. It shows you're confident and you're noticing her without being creepy about it. Works best when you're close so you can combine it with a friendly smile and a greeting.

Her response and body language will tell you if she's interested. From there you can strike up a conversation. Dont get your hopes up. Expect to get shot down. Remember, shes working out. She may not be open to an approach at all. Dont take it personally. But if you get it right, you will leave a positive impression on her which could open the door for future encounters. :smooched:

All of this.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Ditch the pickup line strategy. It wont work. And dont kid yourself. She already knows you've been checking her out using the mirrors.

Make brief but direct eye contact. Dont do this often and dont stare. It shows you're confident and you're noticing her without being creepy about it. Works best when you're close so you can combine it with a friendly smile and a greeting.

Her response and body language will tell you if she's interested. From there you can strike up a conversation. Dont get your hopes up. Expect to get shot down. Remember, shes working out. She may not be open to an approach at all. Dont take it personally. But if you get it right, you will leave a positive impression on her which could open the door for future encounters. :smooched:

SOMEones done this before....^^^^^^ lol
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Gotta be the guy who sticks out from the crowd, what should I do?
    Wear a speedo while working out. That will make you stick out in more ways than one.
    Flip flops ...with the speedo... on the tread mill ...make sure she sees ...explain to her how you lost your shoes but are so dedicated you could not miss a work out.... talk about her dedication to squatting.
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    Oh you're into fitness? How about fitness d!ck in your mouth?

You just made me choke on that sip of water I took. Awesome!
  • MSmooth747
    MSmooth747 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    head nod, sand say hi if she gets close.

Always be flexing though.
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options

i think this pretty much it the nail on the head! lol... its not creepy and everyone knows how it is when you go the gym u start seeing the same people.. and yes you tend to check them out and what they are doing! so making yourself noticed by the chick!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    "Another 10 lbs. off and you will be totally doable"

seconded!
    say that and I bet you get a slap in the face or at the very least she walks away.

Just say hi to her now and then and smile. Wave from across the room or smile. But not disgusting comments. No women likes the word "doable". Makes her sound like she's the last women at the bar and its closing hour and she's your only choice.
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It should definitely begin with "I know you've seen me checking you out in the mirrors and I just want to let you know I am not as big of a creep as you probably think".

i think this is good, funny, light, and kinda honest lol
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh you're into fitness? How about fitness d!ck in your mouth?

I laughed out loud at this one :laugh:

thats hillarious!!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    SOO HARD PICKIN UP FOLKS AT THE GYM! My new gym I go to is HARDCORE!! Everyone is a fitness buff! lol! I saw a cutie the other day and he had on HEADPHONES!! (BIG ISSUE AT MY GYM). He hopped on the machine infront of me. Well, in between reps, I hopped off and tapped him on the shoulder...he pulled out his earphones and gave me the blank stare!! I said, "You are one of the few white men that can rock a bald head!" He fell out laughing....I really geninuely wanted to compliment him and not 'pick him up." But a funny one liner is always nice. Girls like funny guys! Try to come up w/something funny! :) good luck!! I hate guys that stare and don't say anything...just bust a move and a nice smile. U never know...

I love it!! I had a guy yell "hey Blondie" to me from across the room, smile and flex. I just cracked up laughing and gave him a thumbs up. He knows I'm married. You can't miss the bling. But he was just being funny and thought I was cute. He said he wanted to see my laugh. Maybe come up with a cute nick name for her? I've been called sunshine and Blondie at the gym.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    Stuff your shorts with wads and wads of paper towels. That will get her attention. : D
  • dualcollision
    dualcollision Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    "So... you squat here often?"

^^^ This!
  • gust1247
    Options
    "Those squats have really improved your *kitten* over the past few weeks. Not that I was watching."

THIS.