67 pounds of Progress

Options
I've got a long ways to go yet, but I'm feeling pretty good about how things are going so I thought I might share my progress so far. I started logging my food on another calorie tracking program in February, it wasn't long until I found MFP and made the switch. I started at 302 and am now at 234. I have shrunk my way out of all of the clothing I previously owned, including the stash of jeans that were too small that I had stored away. The latest pair of jeans that I'm still holding up with a belt were the jeans that I was wearing upon graduating high school.

Yesterday, I took a trip to JC Penny to find some clothes to tide me over for a trip we have planned in two weeks and for the first time I can remember since buying clothes I found nothing that fit me well in the "womens" section, and I purchased a pair of size 16 jean shorts, in February, I was wearing a 24. In T-shirts I've got from a 2XL to fitting into some Larges, which I never recall doing even in High School.

I've really done nothing more than managing caloric intake, walking, increasing my outside work (ie gardening, fencing, ect) and lifting weights. While it's not easy, it's easier than I thought it would be once I became dedicated. I wish I could have found this dedication years ago! I still have 80-90 pound to go to goal weight but so far the journey has been great and I look forward to what is to come. Hopefully before long I can update this with even better results, but for now here is two pictures.

The first one is from October last year on my Honeymoon in Hawaii getting a photo with one of the fire dancers after the Luau. (Don't worry, my hubby got to pose with one of the hula girls too, so it was fair!) I don't know what I was weight wise then, but I'd bet it was pretty similar to my starting weight in Feb for 302.

The second photo is from this last weekend after attending a college Volleyball game at about 235 lbs. I'm fitting comfortably in those jeans I wore when I graduated high school.

DSCN4450.jpg

Aug252012235.jpg

Replies

• tweetie781
    tweetie781 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look so wonderful! All your hard work is really paying off!!
  • Jen0710
    Options
    Wow! You're doing amazing! Doesn't it feel great to try on a "Large" and find that it fits (or in my case, fits a little snugly but is on the way to fitting!).

Keep up the great work!
    Jenny
  • Tashie_bailiff
    Options
    This is great! Very inspirational! Keep up the good work!
  • cuckoo2012
    cuckoo2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats .. you are looking very pretty
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! Keep it up.
  • marcelenesadora
    Options
    you go girl!!!!! you look great!!!!! I just started on MFP lost 41/2 the past week. I do go to a diet class the past year and 1/2,

Lost over 30 pounds. I like the tracking of MFP. Keep up the good work.
  • starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Massive transformation. Well done you're doing amazingly. xx
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - like two different people! Well done, your hard work is paying off :happy:
  • elles81
    Options
    What a brilliant achievement and well on your way to your target weight.
    You're an thinspiration to those of us at the start of our journeys.
    Keep going:0))
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying having you as a friend on here and watching your success. Keep up the good work!
  • RoseValle
    Options
    You look awsome.. congrats ... your hard work is paying off.
  • MelStrey
    Options
    Wow, what a great success! I love reading how well people are doing- it really helps to push on thru the rough patches. You look amazing. Way (weigh?) to go :)
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Keep it up girlfriend. You can tell when someone just gets it.
  • tena1785
    Options
    Awesome job, you look wonderful. Keep up the hard work.
  • itsy_32
    itsy_32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • burgessvb
    burgessvb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    that is an inspirational story and i agree you look wonderful.
  • marrizia
    marrizia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What great progress you have made! Way to go!!!!!
  • rmarley05
    rmarley05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You are doing awesome! Keep up the hard work!! You will hit your goal in no time!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job you're doing great
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!