35F in GA Want friends to shock the world by our weight loss

Options
I'd like to find some friends on this journey who are looking to both give and receive some support. If you're in a similar situation as me, that's an added bonus! :)

This morning I was 210.6lbs. I've battled my weight for years. At my worst I was 244lbs post pregnancy, and had managed to get down to 171. Add in the stress of being a single working parent, coupled with last years fall season of football drinking way too many beers, and somehow I've gotten to a point I never wanted to see again. I know if i don't step up and change now, I'll be right back to where I was before. And that's scary.

I'm trying this for a couple reasons. My mom got a fitbit and loves it -so I've decided to order one of those - and she recommended this site. My boyfriend wants to do a 15k in October - which would be much easier on my body if I shed some pounds,

My life is pretty much awesome except for being uncomfortable with my weight. I have a wonderful supportive family, a boyfriend that likes me just the way I am who is extremely supportive, a 6 year old son who is the light of my life, and I live in the most amazing active city in Georgia :-)... My life isn't perfect though - my job as an analyst can be demanding and stressful at times. I live alone with my son so getting to a gym is near impossible by the time you factor in dinner & homework. My son is adhd so I have the challenges to go along with that. Could be worse - his dad is bipolar and his half brother is autistic. So I've got it pretty good :-)

So point is - like most of you I have reasons why "this is too hard" right now, life is "too busy", etc. But I WANT this and am willing to make it a priority. My goal is to lose 60 pounds, post pics regularly, and work out 4-5 days a week at least. Then again, the more I work out the more I get to eat - so I might be pushing myself to work out closer to 7 days, I do have a lot of "tools" i need at home. A dedicated workout room with a bench and treadmill, and a plethera of videos, dumbbells, resistance bands, etc,

So if you're serious about weight loss - add me - and let's motivate each other!!! We have 8 months til next spring!!! Next year I want to once again feel confident in a bathing suit - I'm sure you do too! Let's do it together :)

Replies

• Jipsymuse
    Options
    Well were both in the same boat. I weighed myself this morning and I was 210 lbs too. I'd love to lose enough to need all new clothes by the spring instead of spending another summer wishing I could hide. It's great that you have a loving and supporting family to support you. I wish us both lots of luck in our quest to be healthy.
    I just quit smoking so I am still having to spend a lot of energy on staying quit. It will get better though. I was smoking about 2 packs a day for 36 years! I had to quit so I could save my life. I want to start slow so I don't over do it. The last time I was trying to exorcise I got shin splints from trying to do to much to soon. I want to do 30 minutes of exorcise a day for starters and then build up. I think if I can walk or do some other exorcise for 30 minutes a day I will start to lose. We can do this. One day at a time!
  • onrush
    Options
    First I want to say that just by reading your post I can tell you will succeed. You have a positive charm about you that transpires.
    I am just starting again as of yesterday, had my birthday cake and when I found out how many calories 2 slices was I nearly passed out! I would love to have someone else with similar goals. I would love to not only shock the world but shock myself as well. I am ready to be thin again. Ready to care about the things I put into my body as I once did before. Let me know if you would like to buddy up:)