Anyone with results at 5'2???

Options

Replies

• TheresaC928
    Options
    I am 5'2" 1/2 inches tall. I started in February and have lost 25 lbs so far. I teeter the last few months between a 1-4 lb weight gain and loss. Not sure how old you are but I will be 41 in September and I think my weight is just stubborn. :tongue: Believe me it is not for lack of trying. Plenty of exercise and counting calories. NSV- I was able to fit into the Superman ride here in MD this year that has a very narrow lap belt. I also look better in my clothes with belly not sticking out so much. I would like to ultimately lose 100 lbs and was hoping to have done that by this coming February but I realize now that may not be realistic. I can wait. Add me as a friend is you need encouragement. :flowerforyou:
  • cuckoo2012
    cuckoo2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i am 5.2 and current weight is 148 and my goal is 115
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I just want to watch this thread to find out other shorties (like me) at 5'2" who have success stories & how they did it!! :happy:

ETA: I am 37 & my highest weight ever was 185lbs...I am now between 167-169lbs depending on the day...It is VERY SLOWLY coming off. :smile:
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 & my weight is just under 120. I'm in maintenance mode.

I do Zumba, run, walk, calisthenics & weights.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I also remember having a hard time getting past 145. I have always had an issue with having a "cheat day" every weekend. Once I decided to not do that, I lost it. Started doing more weight lifting/calisthenics and that helped a lot. I run, do spin, and mostly calisthenics type workouts. I love it. I still have a problem with dieting on the weekends, and that is why I haven't lost my last 10 pounds, but I know if I stopped overeating on the weekends, I could do it. Good luck. I would def say just try to change it up at the gym. Should help. And sorry, I started at 175 and am now 131ish..depending on the day ha. There are pictures in my profile. Feel free to add me and I will try to help as much as I can. :)
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and am currently 156 (keep fluctuating and am in the dreaded plateau phase) and would like to be 130 as target, and reasess when I get there.

I walk about 5-7 miles a day (slowly, on treadmill with computer) and lift weights and do Aikido again a couple of days a week. I have been eating @ 1700 calories a day but am going to try to reduce it to @ 1500 for a couple of weeks to see if it helps move it a bit. My BMR is @ 1,300
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2in starting weight was 200 pounds. I've lost 10 pounds in roughly 45 days by walking, doing TurboKick and Taebo. I'm try to tighten up my calorie intake to 1200 to 1400. Its really hard because I'm losing slowly but my friends keep me motivated.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 62 years old.. I think 65 pounds, so far, is pretty good results.
    I am at 1200, exercise regularly and eat back my calories.:happy:
  • denew627
    denew627 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hottietottie...great job you look great!
  • dshgna
    dshgna Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well, I came down from 75kg(165 pounds) down to 55kg(121 pounds) in 2010 and managed to keep it there for two years. And this was only through dieting! Even now I weight only 60kgs(132 pounds).

All the best and have patience! You can do it:)!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    HW: 191 Jun 2011
    SW: 183 Aug 2011
    CW: 139
    GW: 129
    Height 5ft 2
    I eat 1400 cals a day on average, up to 1800 on gym days. Never under 1200. Gym twice a week, a lot of walking, and any other excersise I feel like doing at the time, usually EA Sports Active 2 or 30 day shred. I have an elliptical as well, but the only thing I've been using that for recently is hanging clothes on! A terrible waste, I know! :D
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I was also stuck in the mid 140s forever.. I wonder why it's a magic # for us, haha.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    5'2, hovering around 140. I did get down to 137, and would really like to be at 130.
  • Kimber415
    Kimber415 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5, started at 176.8 one month ago, weighed in at 161.8 yesterday, set my goal for 115 but that might be way too low for my age....51. Haven't been below 140 in many many many years. Usually get to around 145 and weight loss stops and I give up and gain it all back. Right now I'm trying very low carbs....(primal). Just started yesterday so will see how it goes. Good luck to all...I'm exercising most days but only 20-30 minutes a day.
  • barky586
    Options
    Here's me at 5"1-1/2"....307 to 131...46 years old! It can be done. ;)
  • Converse00
    Converse00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently weigh 134 pounds. My goal is to weigh 125 pounds. In the past I was 148 pounds and lost it. I was stuck so I joined MFP
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and several years ago I went from about 148 down to 125. I maintained that for a little over a year and then slowly gained to a high of 180.5. My goal is 115-120 this time around and I plan to stay there.

Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" (if that extra half an inch matters). I started MFP last summer at a post-partum (twins) weight at 193 and got down 20lbs by November. Then I injured my knee and put it all back on with depressed chocolate binges and inactivity. :( Booooo! I started to get my act back in shape in April, but I was stalling for a while.

I got a Fitbit at the beginning of August, and I'm down to 172, back to where I was before I hurt my knee. Now I'm just thinking about moving forward. I'm almost at pre-baby weight, and then I've got another 40 or so that I want to get off, but I'm strategizing in chunks. I know that I'll get frustrated and overwhelmed if I think about how much time and work it is, so I'm looking at it like a marathon, not a sprint, and taking it day by day.

Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Right about 5'2.5, highest weight was 170 but weighed 163 when I started logging.

I'm 120 now and looking to be 110-115lbs, that's not set in stone, mostly focusing on bf %.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Also 5'2 here! Been on plan since end of March and hoping to be at goal by Halloween (if not sooner)!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!