Zumba

Options
Is there anybody out thee who likes zumba as much as me? I have tried soo may workouts from the treadmill, to step classes, strength training, belly dancing, cycling, p90x, but zumba tops them all!! You can truly feel the burn in that 1 hour of dancing, but my mind is tricked into thinking Im having fun and dancing, instead of excercising! No matter how tired I get doing Zumba, I just keep going!! Love it!! Its not good to get bored with your workouts because you won`t stick to it, but I actually look forward to zumba.:wink:

Replies

• MrsLeyva11
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I've been doing Zumba Fitness-Activate for 3 days in a row now and I'm already addicted! I almost considered doing another round tonight but I know I'll never sleep if I get my energy that high again.. I can't wait til tomorrow morning to do it again! :)
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just borrowed a friend's last night before buying it because I've tried so many things.......first time last night, bought it today and can't wait for it to get here. I love Zumba!
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have found I have 2 left feet and 2 right feet when it comes to Zumba. Does it ever get easier?? Feel very uncoordinated!!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Ha! Same here, no coordination. Or at least not enough to do this. Frustrating... cuz it looks fun if I can ever figure it out. Not sure I'll stick with it. Too much stress on my broken down knees.
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I started taking classes at my local fitness studio in January. I've been going twice a week, and I feel that little by little my coordination is improving. I call it a win, esp since I had zero to begin with! So yes, I say if you stick with it, practice makes a good work out! :)
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I've never done the DVDs, just the classes at my gym. My advice is to keep moving in between the songs for maximum calorie burn :)
  • elmadmongoose
    Options
    Is there anybody out thee who likes zumba as much as me? I have tried soo may workouts from the treadmill, to step classes, strength training, belly dancing, cycling, p90x, but zumba tops them all!!

Ooh me, me, me! I'm a Zumba aficionado. Agree, I've done close to every types of workouts (cardio, mind/body, strength, etc) and, although I do like them, my :heart: truly belongs to Zumba. Can't imagine going to the gym JUST to weight train; it gets boring.

It was definitely intimidating at first (going to a group class), but after a few times and with different instructors I became an addict. With some instructors I'll maybe sweat a drop, but with others, I WILL POUR. <--- Love it
  • AndreaGrace29
    AndreaGrace29 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a blast! I found a little church near my home that has classes 3 nights a week. I started in February and was immediately hooked. Its fun! We hoot and holler, and it gets a little wild sometimes. :) It does take a month or two to really get the routines down, but as long as you keep moving, you're burning some good calories. Oh, and I weigh just over 200 and I wear a HRM (with a chest strap) and my HRM says I burn between 650 and 725 calories each hour. That's good stuff!! :)
  • GetFitGirl29
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I started taking classes at my local fitness studio in January. I've been going twice a week, and I feel that little by little my coordination is improving. I call it a win, esp since I had zero to begin with! So yes, I say if you stick with it, practice makes a good work out! :)

Very true! the more you stick with it, the better you will get! I go to a local studio in my area. I started out with zero coordination, and by the next week, I had the moves down packed! My instructor changes the routines alot, and when she does that, I`m back to square one until I re-learn the steps.
  • GetFitGirl29
    Options
    Is there anybody out thee who likes zumba as much as me? I have tried soo may workouts from the treadmill, to step classes, strength training, belly dancing, cycling, p90x, but zumba tops them all!!

Ooh me, me, me! I'm a Zumba aficionado. Agree, I've done close to every types of workouts (cardio, mind/body, strength, etc) and, although I do like them, my :heart: truly belongs to Zumba. Can't imagine going to the gym JUST to weight train; it gets boring.

It was definitely intimidating at first (going to a group class), but after a few times and with different instructors I became an addict. With some instructors I'll maybe sweat a drop, but with others, I WILL POUR. <--- Love it

I`ve been going to the same studio with 2 diffrent instructors since 2010, and I pour as well! Sometimes I have to take a break and hang on the wall! Other times I feel like laying out on the floor...lol I love the intensity and challenge!
  • GetFitGirl29
    Options
    Zumba is a blast! I found a little church near my home that has classes 3 nights a week. I started in February and was immediately hooked. Its fun! We hoot and holler, and it gets a little wild sometimes. :) It does take a month or two to really get the routines down, but as long as you keep moving, you're burning some good calories. Oh, and I weigh just over 200 and I wear a HRM (with a chest strap) and my HRM says I burn between 650 and 725 calories each hour. That's good stuff!! :)

I agree! Alot of calories burned in a short amount of time!! We do alot of hooting too at the studio I go to! That makes it more fun, and seems like your at a party rather than exercising!! :smile:
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It's so much fun! I love it! The instructor definitely makes a difference too - there's one class at my gym that everyone goes to because she's super fun and incorporates everymuscle group. And there's another that's practically empty because she doesn't even TALK!
  • elmadmongoose
    Options
    It's so much fun! I love it! The instructor definitely makes a difference too - there's one class at my gym that everyone goes to because she's super fun and incorporates everymuscle group. And there's another that's practically empty because she doesn't even TALK!

:laugh: I've had that silent-treatment instructor. But yes, there's always that one instructor who's class is jam packed (sometimes to the point of having to deny entrance to those that arrive after a certain time).
  • dshgna
    dshgna Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I've been to classes only four days and I already feel the difference! I did it once the first week, then thrice this week(every other day) and now thinking of making it daily from next week!
    I have found I have 2 left feet and 2 right feet when it comes to Zumba. Does it ever get easier?? Feel very uncoordinated!!

It does get easier! Hang on, you'll find that there's an improvement every time!
  • 707BellyDancer
    Options
    I am a Gothic Belly Dancer and when my teacher change the times I was unable to keep going to class. In January one of my Belly Dancing friend invited me to Zumba class I was quickly hook. Last month I took my first Master Class OMG was that fun I was a sweaty mess.

During the master class I realized that NOT all Zumba teacher are created equally. I was standing next to some ladies and said out loud where are these kind of instructor in Eureka. One lady gave me free class to her class wow now that is Zumba she is a HOOT to take classes from I love it. I take her class 2 times a week. I also bring out my Wii Zumba on Saturdays just to get a extra work out.

Wish me luck I am hopping this will be the start of the pounds shedding off!!!!!
  • YUMMY45
    Options
    I just got the beginner CD. I'll be trying it soon. Working up my cardio. Thanx for the info..