700 calories of bad junk

Options
I searched for a while and couldn't find a post that could help. Does calculating calories mean i can eat whatever i want? I eat between 1200 and 1600, depending on how much i worked out that day. I always eat more on days when i worked out and i dont want to stick to 1200 because i know i lose a lot when i eat, but i noticed that i eat a ot of wrong foods. as in for lunch i had a big bag of cheese curls which was 766 calories. 300 calories for breakfast all bran and milk and now im having eggs for dinner. It looks way too wrong. no fruits, no veggies.

I ussualy do eat a lot of veggies, its just that today i was craving cheese curls. Will i still lose?

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You might.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You'd probably bloat more than anything since the cheese curls (I'm assuming like cheesy puffs, right?) are high in sodium.
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You would because you still kept your calories under your goal ( I believe). I have had plenty of "junk days" and still lost 1-3 pounds that week. I also heard from my personal trainer yesterday though that the foods we eat today won't truly affect our bodies for another 2-3 weeks...Crazy huh?? I never knew that!

It's okay to want something different..you're human and you're not perfect! If you have a bag of cheese curls today, try eating nothing but fresh foods tomorrow....mentally help balance yourself out!

Keep up the great work :)
  • omgjk
    Options
    Loosing weight and eating healthy are two separate objectives. You should always eat a balanced diet regardless of if you are trying to gain, lose or retain mass.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Yup you will be perfectly fine! It will not hinder your progress at all as long as you are under your calorie goal.

Sometimes cravings happen! Nothing wrong with enjoying some junk :)

Get your fruits and veggies in tomorrow! Or have some with your eggs tonight :)
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Probably.

1/3 of my calories are almost always junk food. I still lose?

Just be aware of all the salt you just consumed. That'll make you "gain" water weight quicker than anything.

As for the rest, it's mostly just making sure to take in fewer calories than you burn.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You'll probably still lose weight. Depending on the sodium content of the cheesie poofs, you might see a substantial gain from fluid retention, too. But that's not the same as true weight gain.

Regardless, you're not going to have a nutritionally sound day. And that's acceptable, once in a while. Can't go back in time and change it... all you can do is more forward.

And moving forward, it would be better to incorporate a normal serving portion of cheese curls into your food plan than to eat an entire bag when you crave it. Maybe once or twice a week, have a cup (or whatever a serving size is) with a balanced lunch or dinner. Use a couple in place of croutons on a salad.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    As long as you are creating a calorie deficit you should lose weight. But part of dieting and exercise should be teaching oneself better eating and fitness habits. I said better - not perfect.

As with any diet, you should track not just your weight, but your body fat percentage, and your measurements.
  • natashalynnx
    natashalynnx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You could. ;P I eat lots of pizza, I know it's unhealthy but on days that I do eat more junk I just throw in an extra 5-10 minutes of light exercise. I've still lost 6-8 lbs these past few weeks. (my ticker doesn't show it because I don't weigh-in so i'll be more motivated to keep going). It all depends on your body, water intake, calorie intake, and exercise i'm guessing.