Quick and Healthy Meal Ideas

Options
I've been living in staff housing for the resort where I have been working for the past 3 years. With it came food, and no need to cook my own meals. Well, I'm moving, and am gonna have to start grocery shopping, cooking, and all that jazz. Can anyone recommend any recipes or any blog/recipe sites?

Replies

• brodyrose
    Options
    you can grab some chicken breasts or fillets.. marinade them with either BBQ or teriyaki sauce and put them in a huge sandwich bag.. put it in the fridge for 30 mins to 2 hrs... then get a skillet put the flame to medium.. let the skillet it get nice and hot.. then add some pam spray (or use a lil amount of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil) and add the chicken... cook it till its done.. TIP: when u think its done take the chicken put it on the cutting board and cut it in half and make sure its not raw nor pink.. if it is put it back in the skillet..

cook some brown rice in a rice cooker..

get some frozen veggies and put them in a small pot and add water.. like a cup portion.. add a teaspoon of butter for flavor..

then grub...

you can also do breakfast burritos tooo..
    go to sprouts or mothers and they have fat free flour tortillas.. the brand is called "LA FE"
    i use 1/2 cup or orela hashbrowns
    1/2 cup of Fat Free cheddar cheese from kraft (u can get at VONS)
    1 Hebrew frank (get the one that has only 1 g of fat)
    and 4 egg whites..