Any tips on how to stay focused while being on vacation?

Options
2»

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    It's not that hard, remember your goals. Seafood is low in calories and high in protien. Don't eat sauces. Don't be afraid to ask for things cooked without butters and such. Watch your portion sizes, eat slowly as to savor the flavor and you'll get full before your overfull, allow for some high cal stuff but keep it within reason. If your determined to continue with this new lifestyle change then you've got to learn to eat accordingly on vacation.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    I'm in Hilton Head right now trying not to blow it.-- it is really hard. this is what I'm doing..

1. drinking more water very easy because it is so hot.

2. working out at the resort gym each day to add calories I can eat

3. staying active to add calories I can eat.

4. didn't buy any snacks or food for my condo I'm only eating out so I don't have food around all the time.

5. still tracking on mfp

6. I'm eating food I like..if it is fattening..I only eat some of it..and tell myself I want to have a fun life..just keep it under control.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When I go on vacation, I don't deprive myself but I don't go crazy either. I try to choose activities that involve some kind of exercise like walking, hiking, or anything that will keep me moving. It helps a lot!!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Being in Aruba you will most likely be more active than you normally are. I would say have fun, eat some tasty food.

This.