5 weeks in... 15 Lbs lighter...

Options
Losing 15 lbs is quite an achievement for me... a self confessed chocoholic, red wine swilling, lack of exercising fridge picker! I thought I drop a quick post on as part of my self motivation... and hopefully encourage anyone that might be stuck in a rut.

Firstly, I've stuck to my calorie counting religiously. Keeping myfitnesspal up to date has become a religion. I keep the app welding to my hip via the iPhone. I must confess that my wife get the right hump as i keep opening the app at the dinner table... but the rapidly shrinking waisteline has convinced her it's a good idea in the short-term, as i get better at recording what I've eaten and their calorie count etc.

Next I've cut out the chocolate. I the month or so I've been doing this I've only pigged out on it once. To be fair, It's been easier walking away from it once I saw the spike in my calorie chart it caused. Call it a moment of clarity!

I've upped the exercise. Not by stupid amounts but I'm conciously doing more walking (with the dog and at weekends with the family), two or three 20 minute jogs per week and have dusted off my pushbike. Not rocket science but I really do enjoy the impact it has on my net calories and will make a point of treating myself only if exercise shows I've earned it.

I'm not drinking lager. I love a drink especially at weekends so have switched to Red Wine and will keep an eyeon the overall daily calories to avoid overcooking it if the wife and i decide that spare bottle of Malbec in the cupboard deserves a breather!

Finally, I'm generally eating healthier. That sometimes means I'm not eating the same meal as my wife (who doesn't need to lose the weight). This sometimes causes a little friction but to be fair, the proof is in the pudding and the good missus would rather a slimline, healthy husband. Last night this meant I has wholemeal Salad and coleslaw wraps for dinner whilst my wife hit the scampi! OK so it's a little inconvenient but I'm getting the results so overall we're happy.

There you have it. Not exactly rocket science but it's working. Best of luck to anyone who's taken time to read this pretty dull post all the way to the bottom!

Replies

• niccolebarnes
    niccolebarnes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. Thanks for posting.
  • losin_it049
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    wow, small changes and look at your results!!! keep it up!!:)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! Great job! :)
  • safehandsgk1
    Options
    Hi folks! Thanks for reading and your messages of support! Means a lot.

By way of an update, the weight loss has now increased to 18 pounds and I'm feeling absolute fantastic in myself. Not just the buzz of getting the weight off but literally it's given my a huge lift mentally and physically. I'm noticing big (and I mean huge) changes in energy levels which clearly also shows I'm not starving myself and still getting food with ample energy for my office job and intermittent physical workload.

I've also noticed the impact it's having on my relationships with family. I'm less snappy at the kids of an evening, more tactile with the good missus and generally nicer to family across the board. I honestly think it's a case of having more left in the tank to share around in what precious downtime I have post work. I'm starting to get comments from my family too about a clear change in personality. Generally I'm being perceived as more 'playful' which again links nicely to energy levels.

Food has obviously become less important to me too as I progress. At my weight peak, I was thinking about food all the time. Now it's become less of a necessity and I'm genuinely only looking for a bite when my body is clearly telling me it needs it.

As someone has posted, it really is small changes that are making a massive impact so to anyone reading, stick with it. Keep to your calorie limits, keep rewarding yourself when you've earnt it and hopefully you'll start getting the same little upsides I've been getting of late.

Next stop sub 14st. I'm only a pound or so off but this will mean I'm the lightest I've been for over a decade. I'm holding back from comparing new pics of me with snaps from a couple of months ago. That's a luxury I'm saving for when I hit 13.5st which was my footballing weight from when I was still managing to play a decent standard. Who knows, if I keep this up a playing return may still be on the cards at the ripe old age of 35!

Best of luck to all and thanks to anyone sticking around to read my garbled nonsense!
  • skinnydreams74
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! I appreciate it!
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    brilliant, well done :) what an inspiration. x
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got it sorted. Keep it up and good luck for your next goal :)
  • MBMissy
    Options
    Awesome, Congrats....I just started the site today and you have already inspired me!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!