Need to purchase weights where?

Options
and what to get... basically I dropped the gym membership to save a few dollars a month... I do my cardio stuff outside but have no equipment in the house so the idea is to get a few dumbbells to do basic stuff... Wally world? Sears? I tried Craigslist but no avail
how about these:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-40-lb.-Cement-Weight-Set/11089970#rr

Replies

• petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I got my weights at Walmart.
  • Jelyn47
    Options
    I bought some at Target. What size are you looking for?
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Bought my adjustable weights off of craigslist. They are great, plus I didn't get stabbed when I picked them up. Win Win.

Edited to add: Sometimes you just have to be patient with the craigslist route. Might also try ebay or amazon.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    was looking for 15 and 25 pounds
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options
    and what to get... basically I dropped the gym membership to save a few dollars a month... I do my cardio stuff outside but have no equipment in the house so the idea is to get a few dumbbells to do basic stuff... Wally world? Sears? I tried Craigslist but no avail

Yep Wally World is the place to go or e-bay
  • GorgeouSaur
    Options
    Its much cheaper and more time efficient to have a home gym anyway.
    One of the most versatile pieces of equipment you could buy would be a kettlebell. You can hit every muscle group and get a good cardio workout
    Start off with at least 10kg though, anything lighter is pointless in most cases
  • Jelyn47
    Options
    you might want to look at getting adjustable weights, if you're aiming for different sizes
  • neznarf0205
    neznarf0205 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    be patient but you can get stuff at rummage sales and they are like new for 10% of retail. Or a gallon of water weighs a little over 8 lbs, fill up some containers for weights if you need. I posted on my facebook page if anyone had weight they weren't using and got a pretty nice set for free from an old classmate.

Another good place is re sales shops, often people just drop them off. This is a good place for a lot of exercise stuff.

Walmart is good if you can't wait.
  • GorgeouSaur
    Options
    Option number 2 buy Mark Laurens book, You are your own gym.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I find Wal-Mart to be a good choice unless you are looking for 35lbs or more, but they seem to be about $5 cheaper than anywhere else aside from buying used from someone.