Bad knee. What to do??

Ive been doing the 30day shred for 4 days now and my left knee hurts when I do it (mostly the squats). I do them correctly. I havent worked out in a long time but when I did before my knee also bothered me. What can I do?? I dont want to not work out or be able to do squats :(

Replies

• kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Are you stretching out properly? Sore knee from squats could be due to tight quads. Its important to hold the stretch for a good length of time like twenty sec and repeat a few times through the day. If its really painful you should rest til its better, you don't want an injury. May be try more gentle exercise til its better? X
  • If is really pain and especially a returning it is better to see a doc. I also had some knee problems.
    For emergency try to use some ice and a kneebrace (better for both knees since pain will overload the oter knee also).
    And of course try a gentler approach.
  • Try stretching your IT Band, go see a sports injury doctor and maybe try doing something else. I have problems with knee pain but it's ony when I go jogging outside, my knees are fine with squats, leg press, etc. I cut down on jogging and have started using eliptical and stationary bike which is lower impact.

The IT Band runs down the outside of your thigh, it is attached to your glute and you knee, if it is tight it will cause knee pain.
    My personal trainer showed me how to roll it out until I can get a referral from my doctor to see a sports injury doctor. Basically you rub sports cream like A535 or Bengay up the thigh where the IT Band is then lay on a tennis ball and roll it up and down the IT Band. It will hurt but it will also help with the pain.
  • Sounds like you are over doing it. Probably due to inflammation. Requires rest.

I got a wonky knee(s) too. Was just told this today that I should stick too stretching and proper form in my squats. I have been to physio and that helped with hips etc. which affects the knees. I am new to squats and was told I can't handle the weight I was doing properly. You probably have great form. For me told light weights and build from there. My knees can handle it much better and I felt I was actually doing them some good.