30 Day Shred and my first success post!

Options
I started my weight loss journey a year and a half ago when I saw the pictures from my daughters first birthday. Over the next 9 months I lost 40 lbs and then discovered I was pregnant. I got so sick I just ate what would stay down and when I was feeling better I was out of the habit of watching my eating so I didnt. Thanks to a complicated pregnancy and bedrest I also wasnt very active. By my 6 week checkup I had only lost 20 of the 45 lbs I had gained during pregnancy and that day decided to start Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I only made it through the first 2 levels because of a really nasty stomach bug and extreme muscle fatigue. I am planning to do less intense workouts for a months to let my body recover then do another cycle of 30DS. But just in those 2 levels I am down 9.6 lbs and 27.5 inches! Very happy with my progress so far :)

Replies

• wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am just now doing the 30DS for my first set of consecutive days. I worked up to it by doing it just a few days a week for a month or so first. It worked out really well for me! Keep it up! You are doing great! I also sent a friend request since it looks like we have similar goals :)
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    Thanks, I have debated doing it a couple days a week for a month then doing it consecutivly (sp?) again. I just dont want my body to get used to the moves.
  • MamaVeronicaWorksOut
    Options
    9.6 lbs is great! That is very inspiring!

I just started the 30 Day Shred today. I have a 6 month old son and still some extra inches around my waist left over from the pregnancy that I'm hoping to lose. :)
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    I'm sure it will. I did a total of 16 workouts and lost 5 in off my waist.
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I finished on the 30th and lost 6.25in in the waist and lost 17.6lbs....I didnt do it everyday after day 15...I started some other workouuts on the 31st but I actually miss Jillians ab parts of 30DS so I may restart
  • ahart78
    Options
    Where can I get this 30 day shred program? Does it require you to have equipment, or do you just use your body weight? Is it expensive?
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I loved the 30DS... I finished on 8/30. I gained 2.5 pounds.
    My stomach (around my belly button) went from 38 to 35.5
    My waist went from 33.5 to 31.5
    Thighs: 21.5 to 21
    Went from a size 12 to 10.

No sucking in on either pic...

BEFORE
    Before.jpg

AFTER
    After.jpg
  • bamachyck3
    Options
    Where can I get this 30 day shred program? Does it require you to have equipment, or do you just use your body weight? Is it expensive?

I bought my video at Wal-Mart for $10. You do need hand weights. I bought a set of 3lb weights for like $8 I think.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    NICE JOB!!! :) i loved 30DS :) i'm doing Insanity now and next is TapOut!!! :)
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I watch it on YouTube. Have some 2 pound ankle weights I bend in half.....cheap cheap
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

I used large soup cans from my pantry at first and then bought weights for $9 at walmart....you can get the video there too or Target
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options

I do it off of youtube and use 20 oz water bottles for my hand weights. Here are the links

Level 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Level 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594

Level 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMN4g3D4ODE&feature=relmfu
  • tsimonis
    Options
    hmmmm, maybe I should look into this 30DS. Seems like alot of success stories cant be wrong. Is it JUST a workout program, or is diet included?
  • HeatherTransformed
    Options
    I've been waiting to place an order with Amazon to get this, but now I see I can watch it on YouTube. Thanks for the info!! No more excuses. Haha.

BTW, when do you go from level 1 to level 2 to level 3?
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    hmmmm, maybe I should look into this 30DS. Seems like alot of success stories cant be wrong. Is it JUST a workout program, or is diet included?

Its just the workout. I've read that to maximize it do a low calorie diet but I found that if I made sure to eat all my calories and go over by a little a couple days a week I lost more weight because I was fueling my muscles. It might depend on the person though.
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    I've been waiting to place an order with Amazon to get this, but now I see I can watch it on YouTube. Thanks for the info!! No more excuses. Haha.

There are several different approaches to it. I did the standard 10 days at each level but you can really do it as much or little as you want. If you feel like you have it mastered at 5 days move on, or if you are still struggling at day 10 keep going with it. Its a really great workout that you can customize for your level. When I started each level I was resting more than I was working but by the end of the levels I was able to only take a couple of breaks. The only problem I had was when I wasnt eating enough calories and was getting muscle fatigue really bad.

The most important thing I learned from it this cycle is to listen to your body. If you have eaten all your calories for the day and your still hungry.. eat! If you deprive your body it makes it harder to keep up with the program and its pretty counter productive.
  • cuddingm
    cuddingm Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of 30DS. Just moved on to level two three days ago. Is it true that you get best results if you do not have days of rest? She never explains on the dvd if you should do the work out consecutively or 5 on and 2 off. What has/is everyone else done/doing?
  • HeatherTransformed
    Options

There are several different approaches to it. I did the standard 10 days at each level but you can really do it as much or little as you want. If you feel like you have it mastered at 5 days move on, or if you are still struggling at day 10 keep going with it. Its a really great workout that you can customize for your level. When I started each level I was resting more than I was working but by the end of the levels I was able to only take a couple of breaks. The only problem I had was when I wasnt eating enough calories and was getting muscle fatigue really bad.

The most important thing I learned from it this cycle is to listen to your body. If you have eaten all your calories for the day and your still hungry.. eat! If you deprive your body it makes it harder to keep up with the program and its pretty counter productive.

Thanks for your help! I'll be honest, I watched Level 1 on YouTube last night and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail miserably. Haha. Right now I do a 15-20 min workout on my own, but take small breaks. This looks pretty intense and I'm still a big girl. I'm going to measure myself, take a pic (Urgh! I've been avoiding the camera) and do my regular weigh in on Monday and then start it Monday to see how I do after a full week.
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of 30DS. Just moved on to level two three days ago. Is it true that you get best results if you do not have days of rest? She never explains on the dvd if you should do the work out consecutively or 5 on and 2 off. What has/is everyone else done/doing?

I think it depends on your body. If I dont take rest days I get to exhausted and end up not being able to work as hard and lose motivation. I was doing it 6 days a week and after the second week it was just too much for me. I think right now I'm going to do it 3 days a week and then every couple of months do it the 6 days a week for a cycle.But we'll see, I keep changing my mind :P
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options

Thanks for your help! I'll be honest, I watched Level 1 on YouTube last night and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail miserably. Haha. Right now I do a 15-20 min workout on my own, but take small breaks. This looks pretty intense and I'm still a big girl. I'm going to measure myself, take a pic (Urgh! I've been avoiding the camera) and do my regular weigh in on Monday and then start it Monday to see how I do after a full week.

When I first started I was resting for more than half of it but I finally just had to tell myself that even if I was resting for 15 of the 25 minute work out that was still 15 minutes of good work, which is more than I would be getting if I gave up or didn't even try. I wont lie, its intense but just remember, do only what you can do. Its good to push your body to see what your capable of but dont push it more than you can handle. Please feel free to friend me if you'd like support or to ask questions.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!