i've been so motivated, but now....

Options
my daughter and i started mfp on august 8th. since then we both have lost 10lbs!! i have loved all the support and motivation, esp. knowing that there are people out there that are in the same position i am in. i am 46, and currently 260 lbs.273 has been my highest- always have struggled with my weight since i can remember. the month of august went by so fast and i am so excited to see the weight coming off. we have been walking almost every night or doing the wii, and even got some tennis in! and now for the but...

as i was cleaning my house this morning, i twisted my knee, i mean really twisted it! i had to call my husband to help me to the couch. i can put hardly no pressure on it and am icing it...and i cant walk with my daughter tonight!! im so afraid this is going to set me back or slow me down just when i was really getting in the groove! i dont know how long until i can exercise again :cry:

Replies

• OlibecaMom
    Options
    Take it slow, ice 15 minutes, off 30, then repeat. Maybe some ibuprophen to assist with pain & swelling. (I am certainly not an expert nor a doctor, just someone who has hurt her knees and this is what I was told to do.) This won't be a setback unless you let it. You can rest for a couple days then begin again. Trust me - when I made the committment last year to join a gym and go 4x/week, I was extremely scared when I had to take a couple weeks off in December for my health. But I found that I missed the gym so very much that it wasn't hard to get back in the groove. It was very hard to not go, but I had to let my body rest, recover, and heal.

BTW - I started at 273 one year ago. I can relate!

Great job so far; you CAN do this!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your knee. TAKE CARE OF IT! Sprains take longer to heal than breaks do. And knees are so tricky.

But don't let that de-motivate you. It's diet that determines your weight loss. You can do it. The fitness will come later. Do the weight loss now.

Good luck!