Poll- Greek yogurt

Options

Replies

• jroselive2012
    Options
    I love blueberry greek yogurt. Sure, there's some sugar, but it tastes so good and is packed with protein.
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    I like Yoplait - blueberry,strawberry, or honey. But I just tried and LOVE Zoi with honey. I think I'm going to freeze a little and see if it tastes as wonderful frozen. I think it would be a great replacement for ice cream. :)
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Fage total zero, love it.
    With or without fruit. Sometimes warmed fruits.
    Also as part of cooking pancakes with an egg white and some flour or oats.
    Just on it's own.
    With some honey atirred in.

As you can tell, I am a fan!
    :love:

BUMP!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I use Dannon Oikos 0% Plain and add to it.

By itself plain Greek yogurt tastes a lot like sour cream and I'll use it like that.

However, for anything else I add something to change the taste/texture. If I want something sweet I'll add honey and fruit. If I want something more savory to use as a sauce or dip, I'll add ranch flavoring or hot sauce, etc.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    fage 2% plain. i like plain because i can add stuff to it if i want to make it sweet, or i can use it in savory stuff in place of sour cream
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    FAge 0% I drizzle a half teaspoon of honey on 1/2 a cup of it and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Yoplait honey vanilla greek 0% fat yogurt is addicting.

Both are good on fruit. If you mix cinnamon into the yogurt and pour it on fruit it is really tasty
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like Liberte and Oikos best (both plain) but I am buying PC brand now cos it's cheapest.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    The best way ever to eat plain Greek yogurt is to use 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) mixed berries, 1/2 TBS honey, and 1 tablespoon pecan coffee creamer.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes. I mix it with honey.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    I tried generic once because it was the cheapest and it was HORRIBLE!!! I like fage or oikos, i do get the plain non fat which doesnt taste the best either but way better than generic. and then i put a pack of stevia in it an it tastes way better.
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dannon light & fit Greek, I Like the cherry flavour
    It's only 80 calories, strawberry is also yummy.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Chobani - vanilla, black cherry and blueberry. I also keep either Chobani or Fage plain yogurt on hand as a replacement for sour cream and as a sandwich spread instead of mayo.
  • DayoUDaShit
    DayoUDaShit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chobani !
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I mix plain nonfat with granola. It took me about a week before I could eat the plain but now I like it.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Here in New Zealand I've only seen plain Greek yoghurt on our shelves, I buy the lower fat version and mix in one scoop of protein shake powder, it goes thicker and almost fluffy like a mousse.
    I started doing that because I didn't like the flavour of either, now I'm addicted to it, almost every morning for breakfast, =).
  • selfmedicated2
    selfmedicated2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    fage 2% plain. i like plain because i can add stuff to it if i want to make it sweet, or i can use it in savory stuff in place of sour cream

I've found that Fage brand (I use 0% plain) is the most versatile greek yogurt. Many brands' plain greek yogurt still has a slight sweetness to it (including Chobani, Kroger brand, etc.). I like to add Sirracha sauce and a touch of salt to my Fage and use that as a spicy, creamy dip -- amazing on a baked sweet potato, or as a dip for veggies.
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fage total zero, love it.
    With or without fruit. Sometimes warmed fruits.
    Also as part of cooking pancakes with an egg white and some flour or oats.
    Just on it's own.
    With some honey atirred in.

As you can tell, I am a fan!
    :love:

^^^^^
    This!! I love Fage too! I use it instead of mayo to make curry chicken and tuna. Yum!

These!! Fage Total 0 is the best. I have it after my morning workout mixed with protein powder, fresh blueberries and chia or I like it plain with a few drops of vanilla stevia. I also use it instead of mayo. I've been eating it everyday for years.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% or Chobani
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I must be weird. I LOVE plain Greek yogurt!
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Krema- coffee flavoured, Krema- vanilla infusion, Krema - Honey, Liberte- Moka, Liberte- plain, Greek Gods- Plain.