zumba

Options
Has anyone ever tried the zumba tapes you can order and try at home? I saw a commercial for it this morning and thought it looked fun, but wondered if it really works. Any opinions?

Replies

• TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought them either... thinking of getting a couple off ebay. I enjoy the Zumba classes at my gym but I am not sure how it would work in my carpeted living room.
  • KalebsMomma29
    Options
    yeah one of my aunts and my cousin have taken the classes and loved them too. I need something i can do from home though but so many of those videos they look so boring and i don''t think i would stick to them. Zumba looked like it would be pretty fun and easy pick up.
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Part of what makes the gym classes better is that being around that many people holds you accountable and working hard. I find doing workouts at home, at least long ones, usually end up with me on the couch, or taking more breaks than I should.
  • Army_Love89
    Options
    I have them & love them but do feel like I get a much better workout in the actual class with the instructor. :)
  • 0namission
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVDs! They Are Awesomee
  • TM2794
    TM2794 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i tried zumba at my gym, within 20 mins i tore my acl and meniscus. i now have to get reconstructive surgery and i cannot work out for atleast 6 months. everyone talks about how great zumba is, but i cannot even begin to describe how much i despise it. everyone is different, so if you try it start out slow. i'd hate to see anybody else get set back by this work out.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this question b/c I saw the Zumba DVDs on sale on line last night and wanted to get them. I liked that one just explains the moves, then one is an introduction to Zumba 45 min long. The others look very challenging though. I know I would be using the introduction one that's 45 min long for a while.

I was thinking about getting them next month after I thought about it for a while and maybe going over to a neighbor's house that I've NEVER knocked on their door before, & asking them if they'd like to come over and do Zumba with me. I thought that would be a great ice breaker and a chance to be a good friend with them. If they don't want to come over, oh well. I will do it myself anyway and still look for someone else to come over, if I can find anyone else.

I already go to a 30 min Zumba class and it is hard to complete, mostly in the arm part b/c I've already been on the treadmill and the elliptical machines.

Amy in rainy NE Florida
  • mandikruise
    Options
    does anyone know how to accurately calculate how many calories you burn in one hour of zumba?
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have the first set of Zumba DVDs with the toning sticks, and i also have the Zumba 2 for the wii.

I also go to Zumba classes, i find the classes works you better.
    But the in home stuff WORKS IF YOU WORK IT !! just like anything else!!

I still use my DVDs and the wii game and go to classes.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness Party & Zumba Exhilarate. These are some of my go-to DVD's for winter when I can't get to a class or can't get enough and want to add more calorie burn. I will be returning after 2 months off during summer to Zumba class. I get more from class. With the right teacher you burn a lot of calories, have fun & meet great people. Regular Zumba, Zumba gold, Zumba toning with weights & Zumba Aqua aka water aerobics. Check out what's in your area at zumba.com. Never tried Zumba check out zumba routines on tube. So much fun!!!!