New & looking for support!

Options
Hi there!

I joined a couple of weeks and was just taking time to explore this site. It seems like a great supportive community which I need very much! I'm looking to change my lifestyle all around. I would like to loose around 200 lbs so I need a lot of support to make this happen. What is really getting my butt into gear is that my brother is getting married in Las Vegas next May. Not only would I like to look nice at their wedding but I also have a fear that I won't fit in the airplane seat! My goal is 60 lbs. by May.

Please add me as a friend! I'll give back just as much support as I can too.

Thanks!

Replies

• skyblue_99
    Options
    Hi! There is a lot of support on this site. Feel free to add me!
  • JosieGirl1976
    JosieGirl1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks!
  • AlissaMyron
    Options
    Hi there!

I joined a couple of weeks and was just taking time to explore this site. It seems like a great supportive community which I need very much! I'm looking to change my lifestyle all around. I would like to loose around 200 lbs so I need a lot of support to make this happen. What is really getting my butt into gear is that my brother is getting married in Las Vegas next May. Not only would I like to look nice at their wedding but I also have a fear that I won't fit in the airplane seat! My goal is 60 lbs. by May.

Please add me as a friend! I'll give back just as much support as I can too.

Thanks!

Well hello there. First off, welcome to MFP. This site will undoubtedly change your life. I have no doubt that you will make it to your goal and then some. It is just a matter of recommitting yourself everyday. Everyone on this site, myself included, is on your side. Best of luck (and hard work).

Ali
  • Dudabug1945
    Options
    I also am new so feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get too. Looking to loose around 85 pounds
  • kandi17
    Options
    I have been on here for about a little over 2 weeks and I am looking for some good friends that can help me out as well as I help them out with their new journey. I have gained my weight over the last 5 yrs and would love to go back down to the size I was 5 yrs ago. I just found out that I have Hyperglycemia ( per-Diabetic). I am really trying to work on my diet and exercise to help me out, not only with that but to become healthier and feel great about myself! Thanks :)
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey-- I'm Tara. Add me. We will accomplish. One day .. Exercise at a time.
  • alikrumn
    Options
    I am new also. Need help too! Feel free to add me:smile:
  • JosieGirl1976
    Options
    Thank you!:happy:
  • CurtisGirl
    CurtisGirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find MFP a wonderful help to meeting your goals! I lost 17 lbs last year. With MFP I've lost another 33! So that is a total of 50 lbs a year. The 33 came off consistantly with this program to guide my choices. I guess I didn't know what I didn't know. It is easy to find and eat what you like and keep within your calorie goals with some adjustments. I've changed what I want to eat when I consider: Do I want to feel full or do I want to be craving food again in an hour? It's taken time but I'm learning what helps me feel satisfied and what does not. You never need to feel hungry. You can do it!!! :happy:
  • CurtisGirl
    CurtisGirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to expand and have MFP support. I'm deeply grateful for this tool that has taught me so much! I'm much:flowerforyou: happier now the weight is dropping. I'm slow but consistant in loosing - with the lifestyle change I'm able to do. I have FMS and Back trouble and worst is the Chronic Fatigue and daily headaches. But there are many who are in worse shape - so I'm glad it is not worse. It pays to do all I am able for when I feel able to.
  • JosieGirl1976
    Options
    Wow! That great great CurtisGirl! I'm excited to start this!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find this site helpful :D Feel free to add me
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I'm relatively new too, so anyone who needs a buddy, friend me (just remind me where/what post you're from :wink: )

JosieGirl, I totally understand the airplane seat ordeal...I swear they keep making them more and more narrow!! :grumble:

I loooove Vegas! Beware the all-you-can-eat buffet ~insert evil laughter, here~. Actually, they're getting better about it 'cause it's good for business if they offer more variety.

So feel free to add me and I will do my best to 'cheerlead' (although I never was one in real life, I can fake it pretty well LOL!) and kick you in the butt when/if you need it.

Above all else, be good to you!
  • kandi17
    Options
    Live, Laugh, Love and always remember to Live life to the fullest.
    Live Life one day at a time, that's call you can do<3